[Priority Listing] Outreach and Marketing Coordinator Immediate Opening
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is seeking an Outreach and Marketing Coordinator who is hard working, knowledgeable and excited about Waldorf education, and ready to share this unique educational experience with others. The ideal candidate is friendly, outgoing, and ready to work hard in a community of other like minded individuals. This candidate would be responsible for organizing, planning and implementation of all of the organization's marketing, outreach events and public relations activities.
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is an independent school located on a 38-acre farm in beautiful Sonoma County. Based on a developmental understanding of the learning process and view of the student that takes human spirituality seriously, Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm offers students a comprehensive learning environment designed to challenge and support them in strengthening their cognitive, emotional and intentional abilities. We support the growth of social awareness and active tolerance, and to give students the experiential background they need to meet new challenges in a creative and responsible manner.
The Outreach and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Admissions Director and the Development Director on the School’s marketing outreach and retention plans as well as support events for this purpose. She or he will help develop social media content, contribute to social media audience growth, and have the opportunity to participate in media relations campaigns, writing projects (press releases or blogs) and create email newsletters.
- Facility and comfort interacting with people from diverse backgrounds
- Evidence of effectiveness in working independently, demonstrated self-starter
- Strong communication skills -- oral and written
- Strong research abilities
- Strong digital skills and easily learns/adapts to new software programs and databases
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Collaborative, ability to work with other departments and a range of personalities
- Interest in writing, public relations, marketing, advertisements, or blogging careers
- Familiarity with Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook; Excel; Google Docs & Sheets; PowerPoint/Google Slides; Canva
- Experience in the following areas: marketing, writing, graphic design, events, advertising
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing and managing the school’s social media
- Developing the metrics to analyze success of social media
- Managing the school’s website content and its updating
- Overseeing the Ambassador Program in coordination with the Admissions and Development Directors
- Organizing and running outreach events coordination with the Admissions Director
- Running digital and print ads
- Forming press releases
- Working with the Messenger Editor on content
- Working on Alumni outreach
- Designing and printing collateral for outreach events and programming
Responsible to: Admissions Director and Governance Council
Employment details: This is a year-round, on-site, full-time position; Monday through Friday, plus evening and weekend meetings and events as appropriate during the school year. Occasional outreach events are offsite. Summer hours are flexible and should be arranged with the supervisor.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including three weeks annual vacation; all regular school holidays and one paid week off at both Christmas and Easter.
Please email your letter of intention, along with a resume to Michelle Bovard, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please also include two references (with phone numbers).
Physical requirements: Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse, use a telephone head or handset, have visual acuity, be able to focus on highly detailed tasks for long periods of time and be able to sit, walk, stand, bend crouch and stoop for extended periods of time.
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm, located in Sonoma County, CA, was established in 1974, is AWSNA and WASC accredited, and serves pre-school through high school. For more information about Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm, visit www.summerfieldwaldorf.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.