High School Teacher
Trinus International Education Institution in Guatemala City was founded in August 2017, an independent institution serving students from Early Childhood to 8th Grade, our promise is to provide meaningful learning experiences which develop the intellectual, emotional and social skills that our students need to create a purposeful life and to guide them through the process of identifying themselves with the values they want to uphold while having a positive impact on society. We believe the best way for us to accomplish this is by implementing Waldorf. In Trinus you will have the opportunity to be part of an Institution where we look to learn from our Waldorf Certified teachers to shape the institution culture and processes to positively impact the kids’ development.
Trinus is located in Guatemala City in zone 14 which is one of the most privilege neighborhoods in the country. You will also have the opportunity to live in a beautiful country filled with amazing natural places to go in adventures for the weekend. Here are two videos that show what Guatemala has to offer from hiking a volcano to relaxing in black sand beaches:
So, if you,
1. Are open to new experiences and willing to relocate to Guatemala City and commit to a long-term relationship with the students, the community, and the school.
2. Excellent multicultural interpersonal skills
3. Consider yourself creative, with a high energy level, passionate for children and teaching, empathetic.
4. Speak English, then we have this opportunity, for you
Then please apply for the position
Position: High School Teacher to join us for 2023-2024 cycle year.
· Waldorf Teaching Certification/classroom experience 1 year
· Passionate, caring and loving teacher who enjoys being a team player and a hard worker.
· Ability to work supportively and collaboration with colleagues.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills- approachable for students, parents & colleagues, respect for adolescents.
· Share with us what subject you have taught, as other skills or areas of the school you would like to be part of. Teacher work sample to support/guide class students
· Job Type: Permanent, full time position
· COVID-19 Regulations
· The vaccine is not mandatory
· Wearing a mask is optional
· We will apply security measures according to government regulations.
HOW TO APPLY:
We invite you to send your resume, cover letter (highlighting your teacher experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths) biographical sketch, along with three references that we may contact. Send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled.
Please see our website for much more information on us.
“I love living in Guatemala: Trinus is located in a great neighborhood with shops, salons restaurants bars gyms etc. My daily walk is less than 15 minutes which is the best way to start and end my day. The weather here is GREAT all your round- very gentle winters. Guatemala is RICH in natural beauty- beach, volcanoes, mountains and Mayan ruins. The people have been so friendly and welcoming. I’ve made some very good friends and lots of family here!”- Miss P Grades Teacher- South Africa
"I was in need of a little adventure and took my first flight out of the country to Guatemala to take a kindergarten position. I loved it so much, I decided to stay another year! The beauty, kindness and history in Guatemala is unique and welcoming. It's a perfect opportunity to join a pioneer school and help build a foundation of Waldorf education in a developing country. The parents are so grateful we are here and I feel so appreciated”- Miss C - Early Childhood, USA.
Your application has been successfully submitted.