** Update! Garland is offering a sign-on bonus for this position!
The Garland School is seeking assistant teachers to work in our Waldorf-inspired, nature-based program starting soon in fall 2022. The assistant will work alongside a lead teacher. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking an introduction to Waldorf-inspired work with young children, and/or working with children outdoors in all weather.
This teacher will work with toddlers. This position involves work within both a play-based classroom setting and outdoors on the 200 acres of forest and stream surrounding our school. Teachers should be prepared to be outside in all weather, including eating some meals outside.
Along with nature immersion and Waldorf-inspired principles, the school's educational philosophy incorporates the work of Emmi Pikler and Helle Heckmann. Our outdoor time includes walking the trails, exploring the woods, working in the vegetable garden, and wading in the stream. We serve a local and organic breakfast, lunch, and snack daily. We follow a seasonal rhythm in our curriculum and have four Waldorf-inspired festivals per school year.
Priority will be given to candidates with the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 college credits in early childhood or related field
- Waldorf-related training or experience
- Experience sharing the outdoors with children
- Interest in pursuing VT early childhood teaching pathway or VT educator licensing
- Professional development stipend
- Paid personal/sick days
- Paid attendance of yearly Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN) conference
- Cafeteria plan through AFLAC
- Year-round pay option available
- Teachers receive breakfast and lunch at the school!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
Please call 802-258-9531 or email email@example.com with questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.