Permanent, full time position / Starting August 2023
We are excited to invite a trained Waldorf class teacher to join us as our enrolment grows.
This is a unique opportunity to participate in a Waldorf school in an urban setting that uses English as the medium of instruction. We are a private school that opened our doors in September 2017 on the Hong Kong Island, the heart of a vibrant city where East meets West.
In the coming academic year (which will begin in August 2023), we offer the following classes: two playgroups (for 1-3), two kindergarten classes (mixed age from 3-6) and Grades 1 to 8 (for 6-14).
Our current team of class teachers are all experienced Waldorf educators who has come to us from all over the world; they are supported by an auxiliary team of subject teachers who are locally trained. The management is experienced in helping expatriates settle in and beyond. The education is a sorely needed antidote to the excessively modernised lifestyle of this cosmopolitan.
Our school has thrived in the past 5 years. We grew from 10 students to some 120 today, housed in two beautiful campuses in the middle of the city and an outdoor activities centre out on one of the outlying islands. You’ll find more of our latest news at our Facebook page or Instagram profile.
We are looking for expression of interest from someone who has a love for children and community building, a passion for curriculum formation and innovation, a dedication to collaborative working and innovation, and a taste for foreign customs and culture.
We offer an internationally competitive salary with increments for teaching experience, health insurance, housing, and travel allowance, and tuition remission for qualified faculty children. We are also able to offer internal training and mentoring for new teachers. Interested applicants should be open to making a medium- to long-term commitment to the school.
- MUST HAVE a recognised undergraduate degree
- Certificate in Waldorf teaching
- Teaching experience at a Waldorf school for a minimum of 3 years
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Strong classroom management skills and a commitment to professionalism
- Ability to investigate local customs, culture, history, and other elements and incorporate them into a Waldorf curriculum
- Willingness to engage with parents and the community about Steiner Waldorf education
- Commitment to helping the school and fellow teachers grow and prosper
- Adaptability to living in a cosmopolitan setting
We offer a competitive salary with increments for teaching experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.