[Priority Listing] Lead Grades Teacher - Immediate Opening
Raphael Springs is a thriving initiative located in the Hill Country of Central Texas, with a community of dedicated parents and teachers. Founded in the fall of 2020, we serve students in Early Childhood through 8th Grade, four days per week. We are a faculty of trained Waldorf teachers committed to the study of Anthroposophy and self-development. We are administering a traditional Steiner curriculum without the implementation of CRT or DEI. In addition, we value the health freedom of our teachers and community.
Raphael Springs is a teacher led Waldorf Initiative that provides a nurturing environment for students, teachers, families and administration. Our teachers enjoy a 4-day week, small class sizes, minimal oversight, competitive compensation, and supportive colleagues and community.
Lead Teachers collaborate with Subject Teachers to coordinate the experience for the students. Create a classroom atmosphere where learning, cooperation, kindness, respect, and tolerance are encouraged. Assess the progress of students on an ongoing basis. Maintain regular communication with parents describing projects, expectations, homework, written progress reports, and special events. Conduct parent-teacher conferences on a scheduled and as-needed basis. Participate in all community events and activities.
This position has regular hours four-days per week, Monday through Thursday in addition to regular faculty meetings, events, and parent meetings outside of these hours.
- Understand and develop lesson plans according to the Waldorf curriculum and developmental guidelines appropriate to the level of students they teach.
- Lesson plans will cover block studies in three- or four-week rhythms as well as ongoing skills lessons in language arts and mathematics.
- Prepare grade-appropriate activities, class play, and field trips.
- Monitor both the academic and developmental growth of the students.
- Actively create a social environment in the classroom in which students are encouraged to be responsible for their actions as well as their work and behavior.
- Provide a curriculum overview for parent orientation at the beginning of the year.
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences twice per year (or more when needed) and a final end-of-year report.
- Prepare and hold class meetings at least 3 times per school.
- Cultivate and maintain parent communication with the class parents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferred, not required).
- Experience teaching multiple grade level/s.
- Waldorf Teacher Certificate (or in process).
- Love and respect for the developing child.
- Joining an enthusiastic and supportive faculty during an exciting time of school expansion
- Professional development funds (when available)
- Priority enrollment for children of hired faculty in grades
- Tuition remission
- Two-Week (8 days) Paid Leave policy
- Four weeks of paid Holiday break
We welcome qualified applicants to email a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references who have experienced you teaching to: email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Village for Learning Inspired by Freedom