We have an immediate opening for a part-time Facilities Coordinator to maintain and oversee the Waldorf School of Philadelphia’s historic school’s grounds and buildings and to ensure that our school is safe and functional.
The position is for 20 hours per week, 4 hours per day. Duties include conducting and documenting regular facilities inspections, supervising and checking completed work by vendors and contractors, building and grounds maintenance, and operating and maintaining custodial functions.
Responsible for the Director of Operations, the Facilities Coordinator will perform skilled tasks including plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, painting,and landscaping. You will have strong project management and time management skills, have a high degree of follow through in action, demonstrate initiative, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Previous maintenance experience preferred.
- Developing a maintenance calendar in consultation with the Director of Operations ensuring that weekly and monthly priorities are correctly identified and acted upon.
- Inspecting the campus weekly to verify that all seems to be in good repair; e.g. dumpster area is clear, exit sign lights and hallway lights are clean and working, etc.
- Changing HVAC air filters per requirements and as needed for various systems.
- Ensuring that exterior lights are working properly and adjusted for time changes.
- Groundskeeping as required.
- Acting as liaison for subcontractors including plumber, electrician, HVAC company, etc.
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities, making repairs as needed
- Completing light painting and touch-ups around school throughout the year as needed.
- Repairing walls, playgrounds and fences as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, classrooms, and outdoor spaces
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions including snow removal, salting paths, etc
- Collaborating with the Director of Operations on budgeting for facilities needs.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your resume, and contact information for three professional references to Betsy Sweeney, Director of Operations, at email@example.com
Our school is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, language, or any other legally protected class status. Candidates demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to increasing and supporting diversity in employment and our programs by hiring candidates underrepresented in Waldorf education.
Your application has been successfully submitted.