Early Childhood Aftercare Teacher
Duration: Part Time, beginning August 2023
Overview: Marin Waldorf School is seeking an aftercare teacher for our early childhood aftercare program for the 2023-2024 academic year. The ideal candidate should have training or experience in Waldorf education. Early childhood education units (ECE Units) will be required, but a teacher can be in the process of obtaining those units. We seek teachers who love young children, are creative, and can work with colleagues collaboratively. Some responsibilities for this role include:
· Prepare activities and snack
· Track attendance carefully. File attendance records with the office at the end of each day.
· Reset the aftercare classroom(s) after last child has left.
· Sharing updates about the program for the school newsletter
Applicants should demonstrate:
· Strong classroom management skills.
· Positive and effective communication skills with parents.
· An ability to work supportively and in collaboration with colleagues
· Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Justice
Marin Waldorf School serves approximately 220 students and includes a thriving parent/toddler program, two preschools, two kindergartens, and a full grades program (grades 1-8). Our 10-acre campus includes a beautiful oak grove, a biodynamic garden, a large grass playing field, three separate outdoor play areas for preschool, kindergarten and the grades, as well as a library and a woodwork room. We have excellent teachers, an active parent association, an engaged board, and serve as a satellite campus for the Bay Area Center for Waldorf Teacher Training. MWS is a fully accredited member of AWSNA and WECAN.
MWS is located in the heart of Marin County, California just 30 minutes north of San Francisco. Our county is renowned for its beaches, countryside, and giant Redwood trees. Our unspoiled coastline is protected by thousands of acres of parkland easily accessible for after hours and weekend adventures. To learn more about our school, please visit our website at www.marinwaldorf.org.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience working with children ages 3 – 6 years old
· Has or is currently pursuing a Waldorf Teaching certificate
· Previous Waldorf teaching experience is preferred
This is a part time, hourly position.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths) along with three references that we may contact to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.