Music Teacher for Lower School Music & Upper School Choir
The Summerfield Waldorf School is looking for a three-quarter time music teacher for both Lower School Music (Grades 2-6) & Upper School Choir (Grades 7-12) for the current school year.
Summerfield is seeking an educator to teach music through singing in all grades and who understands how to foster a love for music and musicianship to participate in school festivals, to support class plays, and teach students how to perform in concerts. The ideal candidate will have experience with school age singers and the ability to inspire the students through music.
We are hoping to find a teacher who could see teaching music as a long-term commitment as part of their musical life; to grow professionally as a teacher and performer.
- A BA in Music or Music Education.
- Teaching experience in a school setting and in a wide range of age and grade levels.
- Skills for building collaborative relationships with parents and colleagues including excellent verbal and written communication skills, cultural competence, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of professional engagement.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience teaching music in a Waldorf setting.
- Training as a Waldorf educator.
Physical Requirements for Employees at SWSF:
Summerfield is both a school and farm. Though we do have paved pathways between various buildings, many pathways are unpaved and rough. Some have steep inclines and declines, steps and holes.
Employees must have the ability to:
- Stand and walk on various-density and uneven surfaces for extended periods of time and significant lengths
- Squat, stoop and/or bend over
- Reach overhead, grasp, push/pull up to 35 pounds for short distances
- Lift and carry up to 45 lbs. at waist height for short distances.
To apply: Please email your letter of intention and resume to Michelle Bovard, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include three professional references (with phone numbers).
About Summerfield Waldorf School & Farm:
Summerfield spans all of childhood, preschool through twelfth grade. Sprawling over 38 acres, we have one of the most extensive Waldorf programs on the continent including a fully operational Biodynamic farm and a vibrant circus program. We make every effort to educate the whole child in practical arts, movement, agriculture, social inclusion, artistic work, and a rich festival life. Our students love coming to school every day as much as their teachers do!
The school (est. 1974) is located in beautiful Sonoma County, just 60 miles north of San Francisco. We enjoy an idyllic Mediterranean climate with spring-time fields of wildflowers, hot summers cooled by ocean fog, rich autumn light on vibrant harvest colors, and wet, green winters. Sonoma County is home to ancient redwood forests, stands of mighty oak, and scenic, rugged coastlines. Picturesque orchards, vineyards, and dairies abound. Many of our hills and mountains are still truly wild and offer hikers and bikers miles of trails to explore. Sonoma County has also become a haven for food enthusiasts, offering some of the best restaurants and wines in the world. Many local farmers are using organic and Biodynamic methods, with their bounties found in our markets and restaurants. This is the setting our students and families enjoy!
Your application has been successfully submitted.