High School Science Teacher
The Vancouver Waldorf School (VWS), located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, is seeking an experienced and energetic High School Science Teacher with solid knowledge and background in their subject area informed by their connection to anthroposophy. Waldorf teaching experience is preferred, and the applicant will be expected to prepare lesson plans per the Waldorf and BC Ministry of Education curriculums.
Our High School teachers are contributing members of VWS, actively involved in the life of the school through (among other things) participation in faculty meetings, school events and committees. A genuine willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department and across departments is essential.
In addition to teaching the Waldorf Earth Science, Biology and Chemistry curriculum to students in Grades 9-12, other duties will include:
- chaperoning of school trips
- Career Education for grades 9-12
- Senior Project guidance for grade 12 Students
- committee work
- attendance at section meetings and full faculty meetings
- regular professional development
- evaluation of student progress, oral and written report writing and parent meetings
- University Masters or Bachelor Degree
- BC Teaching Certificate or ability to qualify through the Ministry of Education’s Teacher Certification Branch
- experience with or knowledge of Waldorf education
- Waldorf Teacher Certification or interest in pursuing such course of study
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; email@example.com
Job Type: Part-Time Permanent commencing with the start of the 2023/2024 School year
Salary: $45,150 to $66,137/year prorated to FTE based on experience and credentials
Benefits: Extended medical and dental after three months of employment; pension match after one year.
Refer to the Employment Opportunities page for details about working at the VWS.