The Vancouver Waldorf School (VWS), located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, is seeking an experienced Education Assistant.
The Educational Assistant will aid the Class Teacher in meeting the goals and objectives of the IEP for a specific child by working one-on-one with this child in the context of the classroom. The Educational Assistant performs a variety of tasks with an individual as determined by the needs of this individual, paying close attention to the child’s personal care, educational, and developmental needs, such that the employee’s work will be as unique as the individual they are assisting. This position will also support other students in the classroom under the direction of the Teacher when not working with the assigned child.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively with teachers, parents, and specialists to support the student with unique learning styles; carrying out assessments and writing short progress reports against specific IEP goals; yard supervision as required; attendance as requested at parent conference meetings and IEP meetings and reviews.
- Acknowledged training as required for an education assistant
- Experience working with children in the Elementary or High School setting
- An understanding of Waldorf Education
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with parents, teachers and students with exceptional needs
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and under the guidance of a teacher
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $24-26/hour depending on experience and qualifications and requires approximately 20 hours per week.
Refer to the Employment Opportunities page for details about working at the VWS.