London Waldorf School is seeking applicants for the position of ECE ASSISTANT for the 2023-2024 school year (2 full-time and 1 part-time position to be filled).
London Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful – fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world.
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
~ Rudolf Steiner
These positions will be on a ten month contract from September 2023 – June 2024. The hours of work will be between 25 and 37.5 hours per week.
- The hourly wage for these positions will be $19.99 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay.
- These positions will have access to sick days and personal days, and will be paid for statutory holidays.
- PD days, Winter Break, and March Breaks will be unpaid (2 weeks each).
- Supporting a developmentally appropriate curriculum within the Waldorf pedagogy with the Lead Teacher
- Participating in the rhythm of stories, circles, songs, and activities that foster the growth and development of the students
- Observing and caring for students’ physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being
- Supporting a healthy class community of students and their families
- Working cohesively with the Lead Teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety
- Demonstrating warmth, and compassion in working with both children and adults
- Communicating clearly and appropriately, verbally and in writing with coworkers and parents
- Working independently, holding rest times and assuming responsibility for the whole group and/or individual children.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom and toys
- Attendance at bi-weekly faculty meetings and participation in class events such as festivals, parent evenings and professional development
- At least two years of teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Previous experience working with children is crucial
- Experience working with children with exceptionalities is an asset
- A diploma or degree in the field of education is an asset
- Early childhood certification with the college of ECE’s (RECE) may be required
- Standard First Aid CPR-C
- Qualities that will be helpful in doing this job: creativity, flexibility, initiative
- Being willing and able to work as part of a team is imperative
- Previous experience in a Waldorf/Steiner school or knowledge of Waldorf education is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested individuals are asked to send a cover letter and resume by May 26, 2023 to the attention of Hiring Committee, at: email@example.com Applications will continue to be considered until the positions have been filled.
London Waldorf School is committed to equity in its policies, practices and procedures, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered. Qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please note: due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada.