Come work at Portland Waldorf School! We are welcoming applications for a full-time Enrollment Director. We are a school of teachers and staff who love their craft and are enthusiastic about engaging students. We are committed to working collaboratively with colleagues and the parent community to create an educational environment aligned with Waldorf pedagogy, our school mission, and program goals. We value self- development, educational equity, and inclusion. We seek peers who have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Candidates who are familiar with Waldorf education are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop comprehensive admissions and retention strategies to meet PWS’s strategic enrollment goals
• Serve as a compelling ambassador for the school, thoughtfully building relationships with inquiring parents, feeder and other local schools, and counterparts at other independent schools; articulate the mission of PWS in a knowledgeable, professional, and positive way
• Manage the enrollment process from initial contact to onboarding, including: responding to inquiries; scheduling and conducting tours, interviews, and school visits; planning and hosting open houses; attending school fairs and class meetings; following up with applicants as needed until the admissions process has completed
• Use an analytic, data-driven approach to guide admissions efforts, including: keeping detailed records of all interactions; producing and presenting monthly reports to stakeholders; and researching admissions and outreach trends for independent schools nationwide
• Collaborate with the marketing committee to implement the school’s strategic marketing plan
• Chair marketing committee; manage admissions and outreach staff and volunteers, including high school student ambassadors.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and life experience
• Three years’ experience in an independent school admissions office
• Confident public speaker and presenter; outstanding organizational and presentation skills; exceptional writing and oral communication skills; excellent time management skills; detail and goal oriented; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all the school’s constituents
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and networking in the realm of independent school enrollment; Waldorf curriculum and pedagogy; and DEIJ
• Highly resourceful and motivated – a “self-starter” with infectious energy, enthusiasm, and exemplary work ethic
• Fluency with Google applications and enrollment database systems
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends for meetings and events as needed
This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position and salary is dependent upon education and experience. Benefits offered include health insurance, retirement plan, tuition remission, paid time off, mentoring, and professional development opportunities. Please send a brief one-page letter of interest, resume, and three professional references, including phone numbers and e-mail addresses (in PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Portland Waldorf School
Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 and is fully accredited through AWSNA. We serve over 300 students from early childhood through grade twelve on a beautiful seven-acre campus in downtown Milwaukie, just 20 minutes from downtown Portland.
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. We are seeking individuals who are committed to self-development, educational equity and inclusion, and have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
Inspiring a life-long love for learning