[Priority Listing] Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher
Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher
Come work at Portland Waldorf School! We are welcoming applications for a full-time Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher in the 2023-24 school year. This position is an integral part of the school’s Early Childhood Program which offers a secure, healthy, and nurturing environment for children with weekly and seasonal rhythms that include circle time, storytelling, creative and active play, and nourishment.
Join our community of Waldorf Educators. We are a school of faculty and staff who love their craft and are enthusiastic about engaging students. We are committed to working collaboratively with colleagues and the parent community to create an educational environment aligned with Waldorf pedagogy, our school mission, and program goals. We value self-development, educational equity, and inclusion. We seek peers who have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Candidates who are dedicated to Waldorf education, working out of Anthroposophy, and possess a love of teaching are encouraged to apply.
· Plan and teach all areas of kindergarten curriculum according to Waldorf pedagogy
· Create and maintain a clean and orderly classroom space and common areas, including outdoors
· Collaboration with other faculty and staff regarding admissions and student care
· Participate in non-teaching duties including weekly meeting attendance, outreach events, committee work
· Actively engage in healthy parent relations through parent-teacher conferences, parent education, and regular class meetings
· Bachelor’s degree and Waldorf teacher training certificate
· Licensed with Oregon Central Background Registry
· At least two years teaching in a classroom of young children
· Understanding of Waldorf early childhood development
· Understanding, and willingness to work out of, Anthroposophy
· Ability to work collaboratively with other faculty and staff to support the mission of Portland Waldorf School
· Ability to work well with young children, parents, and colleagues
· Excellent communication processes and skills
· Reliable and punctual, well-organized and efficient
· Interest in continued personal and professional development, innovation, and renewal
This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position and salary is dependent upon education and experience. Benefits offered include health insurance, retirement plan, tuition remission, paid time off, mentoring, and professional development opportunities. Please send a brief one-page letter of interest, resume, and three professional references, including phone numbers and e-mail addresses (in PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Portland Waldorf School
Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 and is fully accredited through AWSNA. We serve over 300 students from early childhood through grade twelve on a beautiful seven-acre campus in downtown Milwaukie, just 20 minutes from downtown Portland.
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. We are seeking individuals who are committed to self-development, educational equity and inclusion, and have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
PORTLAND WALDORF SCHOOL
Inspiring a life-long love for learning