Lead Kindergarten Teacher
Living Oaks PEA Lead Kindergarten Teacher
Living Oaks is a Preschool through Eighth grade program created to be a nurturing environment for our children and a hub for a like minded community. Located in Dripping Springs, just outside of Austin, we have a beautiful 10 acre campus with farmhouse school buildings for each grade, a chef who sources local, organic food and game for our daily lunch program, and a biodynamic farmer who teaches gardening classes with the children. Our programming includes handwork, movement/games class, gardening, cooking, Italian, music and woodworking. The Living Oaks community comes together for traditional Waldorf festivals, regular family social events, mom’s and dad’s groups, and a Steiner study group.
We operate as a faculty-led system of governance with a committed College of Teachers and a supportive Board of Trustees. We have a staff of 14 currently and are looking to add 4 additional staff members. A full-time salaried faculty member is entitled to professional development, delicious daily snack/lunch, mentoring, paid time off and paid holidays, tuition remission and an optional participation in Sedera Medical Cost Sharing.
The Lead Early Childhood Teacher maintains the class environment while caring for the children with the help of their assistant. They create a warm, supportive atmosphere, help prepare meals, and care for the physical space of the classroom and outdoor play yard consistent with Waldorf Early Childhood Education methods and practices.
Lead Teacher: Salaried Position
Minimum Qualifications: Training in Waldorf Early Childhood pedagogy and experience teaching in a Waldorf Early Childhood setting.
- Lead daily preparation of room materials and activities
- Lead indoor & outdoor playtime with seasonal circles, stories, and crafts
- Collaborating with assistants to support the children in their care
- Helping with school-wide festivals and celebrations
- Attending weekly Early Childhood and faculty meetings
- Preparing and serving the snack of the day
- Assisting children while in the bathroom
- Tidying up after school
- Communicating with parents regularly and holding parent meetings
4 days per week, 8am – 4pm.
- Studies Steiner’s pedagogy, principles, and practices; explores ways to expand and enhance Steiner’s philosophy.
- Desires to be part of a vibrant community.
- Enjoys a high degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Is highly collaborative.
- Loves connecting with, being with, and teaching children.
If you feel the call to work with us at Living Oaks, please email your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
Additional Positions we are looking to fill:
- First grade lead teacher
- Third grade lead teacher
- Middle School Math teacher
- Music Teacher