At Acorn Village, you will find the following beliefs as cornerstone to our philosophy. They infuse each and every interaction we have with children:
* Children are competent and capable individuals who deserve communication that also reflects this.
* The only way children learn and grow to their optimum is through play, we endeavor to protect play as the most important task of childhood
* Toys should be tools for a young child. If present, they should be open ended and allow for as many uses as possible
* Nature has the ability to provide for risk taking, creativity, and growth in a way no teacher, curriculum, or classroom ever can
* Community and unconditional acceptance are basic human rights all children should be born into
* All small heads should be filled with imagination and wonder through storytelling, songs, and poetry
* Children should grow up with memories of wild places where they played and have familiarity with local trails and native plants