23/24 Assistant Early Childhood Teacher
Rosewood is seeking a wonderful assistant teacher for the 2023-2024 School Year
Rosewood is a Waldorf based preschool located in the Brentwood/Darlington neighborhood in SE Portland. Our program next year will serve 11 children/day ages 3-5 years old. The assistant teacher’s hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 1:30pm plus a one hour meeting every week with the lead teacher to touch base and stay connected.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the lead teacher with daily activities, including painting, drawing, cooking, seasonal crafts. As well as prepare for yearly festivals.
- Help children with bathroom use and hand washing
- Arrive 30 minutes early for set up and stay 30 minutes after dismissal for clean up. 8:30am - 1:30pm
- Display a positive and optimistic attitude
- Sing alongside the lead teacher through transitions and circle time.
● A genuine love and interest of children and the ability to build positive relationships with children ages 3-5
● A calm and overall happy demeanor
● Ability to stand and sit for an hour or more, as well as joyfully work outside in various weather conditions
● Enthusiasm for Waldorf education with a willingness to deepen their knowledge
●Strong preference given to applicants who are Waldorf-trained or experienced
● Experience in Early childhood care settings.
Compensation starting hourly wage for this position is $15-18 an hour DOE. The position is 25 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Rosewood Assistant Teacher” in the subject field. We will accept applications until the position is filled.