Substitute School Nurse
This is a per diem position for days when the primary school nurse is absent from school. Hours are 8:30-3:30 per day. The substitute will follow all policies and procedures of The Hartsbrook School, the Health Office and the MDPH School Health Manual. The following job responsibilities include:
- Assessment of student health when responding to student illness, injury and medical needs with first aid treatment and emergency care
- Respond to daily needs of the students who present with chronic health conditions and acute psychological and behavioral health issues
- Perform medical procedures as indicated by students’ physicians
- Administer daily medication or over the counter medication PRN per medication orders
- Record student encounters, medication administration, and treatments daily in the SNAP database to maintain up-to-date health records in accordance with Standards of Practice.
- Communicate with parents, teachers and staff as needed regarding illness and injury of students throughout the day.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff as needed to meet the student’s needs during the school day
- Maintain confidentiality as mandated by Massachusetts Regulations in the school setting.
- Telephone triage PRN
- Uphold COVID-19 guidelines, requirements, policy and procedure
- Current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Massachusetts
- Three years experience in pediatric nursing and school health care preferred
- Current certification in CPR/AED/First Aid training
- Mandated reporter training (this can be done online)
- $245.00/day for full coverage from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Please send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org which will include:
- A cover letter explaining your interest and suitability;
- Your most recent and up-to-date resume;
- A completed Employment Application including the names of at least three (3) references;
- All employees need to pass a background check, including fingerprinting, and must possess the legal right to work in the United States.
The Hartsbrook School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion. The Hartsbrook School is dedicated to dismantling racism and oppression, to continuing to learn and grow and ask the difficult questions of ourselves, our communities, and the world.
Clarity of Thought | Warmth of Heart | Strength of Purpose