Part-Time Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Position: Part-time Early Childhood Lead Teacher
River Valley Waldorf School is seeking an individual to join the Early Childhood Department as a part-time lead teacher in a mixed-aged early childhood program beginning the 2023-2024 school year. The position requires authentic warmth, good humor, joy, and enthusiasm for working with young children. The ideal candidate must also be willing to commit to the ongoing work of diversity, equity, and inclusion and have familiarity or interest in best practices of Waldorf early childhood education. This position requires motivation, and the ability to engage in a physically active day while caring for children in the classroom space and surrounding forest areas in all seasons and weather.
Our ideal candidate must be able to flow in and out of indoor and outdoor spaces, be open to innovative curriculum and pedagogy, and embrace a growth mindset. They must also be receptive to feedback, and enjoy working collaboratively with other faculty and administrators to create an educational environment that is aligned with the school’s mission and program goals. A Waldorf teaching certificate or current enrollment in a Waldorf teacher training program is strongly preferred.
The early childhood lead teacher will form their classroom community in River Valley’s welcoming early childhood building and outdoor play space in beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Start your day outdoors listening to the birds singing, and spend your day facilitating the growth and harmony of a group of lovely and spirited children.
- Collaboratively work with a team of teachers to provide kind and supportive care to our students in a safe indoor and outdoor environment.
- Work with the early childhood team to support the diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of the school.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with colleagues, compose parent information, weekly family newsletters, lead parent education events, write student reports, and lead meetings with parents and guardians.
- Support children in being their best selves and model behavior for students in alignment with Waldorf pedagogy.
- Meet regularly with the early childhood department for planning, study of Waldorf pedagogy, and curricular development.
- Be safety minded, flexible, responsive, and highly skilled at observation.
Hours and Compensation
This part-time salaried position holds a half-day preschool classroom from 8:00-1:00 pm daily. Salary ranges from $22,000 – $35,000 based on education and experience. Background clearances, physical examination, and TB test will be required.
Start Date & Timeline
Daily 8:00am – 1:00 pm with the addition of 1 weekly department meeting – time to be determined.
Start Date: Immediate
Required training obtained during employment may include:
- CPR and First Aid
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Stewards of Children – Darkness to Light
- Racial Equity: Anti-bias Training