Grades Aftercare Teacher
Grades Aftercare Teacher
Golden Bridges School
School Overview Golden Bridges School is a small, groundbreaking school in its 8th full school year. GBS was founded by Waldorf-trained teachers and currently operates in San Francisco’s Portola neighborhood, serving Preschool through 8th grade.
For the 23-24 school year Golden Bridges is looking to fill 2 positions for their Grades Aftercare program. Both positions are 20-25 hours a week and will work with children in 1st-8th grade.
Our Program offers:
Beautiful indoor and outdoor workspaces
Collaborative and supportive environment
Aftercare teacher’s responsibilities
- Supervise free play
- Lead enrichment activities as directed by the Director of Aftercare
- Prepare and serve healthy snacks
- Accompany children off campus to McLaren park for free play
- Work up to two weeks of Farm Camp over our holiday break
- Embody school norms for holistic care of the students.
- Foster a fair and caring environment for children, with special attention to their physical, emotional, and social well being.
- Promote positive, open, and transparent communication with all stakeholders including parents, co-workers, and the Director of Aftercare
- Supply inventory - Report supply needs to Director of Aftercare
- Drive company van as needed
Professional Development hours: 3 per week for meetings and class observations
Class observation and support: TBD
Inservice days: 8/16/23 and 8/17/23 9am - 4pm
Other trainings TBD
- At least 1 year of experience working with students ages 6-12 in a formal childcare or Out of School time setting
- Clean driving record
- Prior experience as mentor, coach, enrichment teacher, or classroom assistant
- Alignment with Golden Bridges School’s mission to provide holistic education to its students
- Formal learning in, or academic exposure to, concepts in childhood development and education
Strong Candidates will have:
- Positive attitude
- A strong interest to connect with students and provide holistic care
- Existing skill set for any of the following: knitting, sewing, crochet, art, weaving, music, singing, sports coaching, woodworking
All Staff are required to:
Undergo LIVE SCAN screening
Have TB clearance
Complete a mandated reporter training
First Aid and CPR Certification
20-25 hours weekly between the hours of 11am-6pm
Position #1: 2pm-6pm
Position #2: 1pm-5:30
This is a seasonal positions
This is a non exempt position
This position does not include benefits
It shall be the operational policy of Golden Bridges School not to discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or affectional preference, age, or handicap in any of its policies, procedures, or practices. This policy of non-discrimination covers school programs and activities, including but not limited to: academic, admissions, financial aid, educational services, and employment.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.