Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Exempt
Hours: Part-time (20 hours/week during school year; 10 hours/week during summer break)
Application Deadline: August 23, 2023
PCWS’s administration is led by its full-time Director of Administration, to whom this position will report.
Marketing & Communications
- Oversee marketing and communications, working with stakeholders to ensure messages/materials convey a unified “voice” in line with PCWS’s vision, mission and values, and accreditation requirements
- Oversee development of marketing materials for all internal and external communications, including print and digital messages, brochures, signage, banners, flyers, website, videos, advertisements, and event promotion
- Oversee copy-writing for advertising, brochures, content management for website, SEO, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate development of marketing strategy and media relations
- Coordinate continuation of digital marketing strategy, including with respect to Google AdWords and Analytics and managing social media
- Compose and send weekly community newsletters and outreach messages to current and alumni families, soliciting editorial feedback from stakeholders
- Coordinate publication of communications and outreach messages on behalf of the Board of Directors, Administration, Faculty, and other stakeholders
- Oversee photography for events and promotional materials; maintain the school’s photo database; edit photos as needed
- Coordinate recruitment of speakers; support promotion and implementation of speaker events
- Ensure website is updated and accurate; oversee any website design changes the school decides to pursue
- Coordinate creation and publication of outreach messages from Faculty, the Board of Directors, and others to current and prospective families and alumni
- Facilitate and attend PCWS virtual and in-person community meetings and speaker events
- Assist with developing presentations for community meetings, enrollment/admissions purposes, etc.
- Maintain and update contact lists, including Constant Contact lists
- Edit non-emergency communications for grammar/tone prior to publishing
- Publish non-emergency communications in appropriate forum (CC list/website, etc.)
- Support Parent Association communications and postings on social media
Reception (shared responsibility with all administrators)
- Answer phones
- Monitor school entry points via electronic door access system, as applicable
- Raise and respond to routine parent questions
- Maintain training in First Aid and Medication Administration
- Administer first aid and medications to students, as needed
- Events and Outreach Committee
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in marketing or a related field preferred.
- Minimum five years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of Waldorf Education and willingness to learn are highly valued.
- Experience and aptitude with graphic design and video editing software.
- Experience and aptitude with web design, Google AdWords and SEO.
- Reliable, well-organized, productive team player who can self-manage, and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
This position includes a tuition remission benefit for the employee’s children enrolled in our school.
We look forward to receiving your application! Applications can be submitted on the employment page of our school website at www.potomacwaldorf.org/employment. Candidates are also welcome to contact us with questions at email@example.com.