Position Open: Woodworking Teacher - PT/FT
Circle of Seasons Charter School, a Public Waldorf Methods School, seeks a creative, enthusiastic FT/PT Woodworking Teacher for Grades 6-8 for the 2023-2024 school year.
Circle of Seasons is a public Waldorf K-8 school located on a 35-acre wooded campus, overlooking the beautiful Lehigh Valley. In close proximity to both outdoor recreation opportunities (less than 15 miles from the Appalachian Trail and 12 miles from local skiing), the Lehigh Valley offers robust art, music, theater, restaurant, and social amenities. An asset to our community, Circle of Seasons offers Waldorf education in the public setting with excited and committed families from all over the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
At Circle of Seasons we recognize the value, importance, and challenges that come with attracting and meeting the needs of diverse populations. Candidates for consideration should be warm, joyful, enthusiastic, and motivated. We value candidates that possess a deep understanding of child development and a caring disposition. We are eager to welcome to our team a colleague dedicated to building strong collegial and family relationships and one who is committed to self-development.
Our curriculum includes Fiber Arts, Fine Arts, Games and Movement, Gardening, Music, and three World Languages. Our faculty engage in ongoing professional development and work together and individually to develop skill in designing instruction and creating classroom experiences that build caring communities.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for Waldorf Education
- Facility in working with hand tools and wood
- Confident classroom presence; strong social and communication skills
- Skill in leading woodworking projects with students that may include carving and constructing
- Waldorf training and experience (preferred)
- Pennsylvania Teacher Certification (preferred)
- 3–5 years of experience working with children (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to support the Woodworking program
- Engage in training to learn and build the COS Woodworking program
- Collaborate with team members to facilitate interdisciplinary instruction that is inclusive of all learners
- Maintain a positive learning environment that is safe, joyful, and nurturing
The salary for the PT position is $18,000. The salary for the full time position is $45,000 and offers health benefits. Background clearances, physical examination and TB test will be required.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for working with children, strong self-direction, artistic ability, and developed sense of themselves as educators working with children.
Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to Human Resources at email@example.com