[Priority Listing] Grades Teacher (immediate opening) - 4-Day School Week
Running River School is an independent non-profit school, in the heart of Sedona, AZ. As a non-profit independent school which makes good use of scholarships, we offer teachers the chance to offer a true Waldorf Curriculum and philosophy to children from a range of socio-economic backgrounds. We serve around 60 local children in Grades 1-8 and are seeking a passionate lead teacher.
Over the last couple of years Running River has become a beacon of freedom for families and professionals. As the world became divided, our community became closer and stronger, and our school remained mindful, yet mandate free.
Do you have dedication to this beautiful cause in your will? Do you see teaching as a calling rather than just a profession? Do you have a passion to inspire and nurture the future change-makers and stewards of our planet?
Here’s what this incredible opportunity offers:
- Teaching in the heart of a sacred, and beautiful place with stunning landscape
- Good planning time
- 4-day school week to meet the needs of a changing professional landscape (with a few Fridays for hikes, festivals, conferences, and in-service)
- Flexibility in lesson activities, and encouragement to take the children out into the natural world and the human world (i.e. regular field trips)
- A school that supports medical freedom, which honors all respectful walks of life and opinions
- Regularly-scheduled teacher-led hikes in the beautiful surrounding area (must be fit enough to enjoy and lead an all-day hike - rated 'easy')
- A school van, available for teachers to use to plan field trips and day trips in the local area
- A competitive local wage and healthcare stipend.
- Curriculum resources and curriculum guidance
- Support with training (for the right candidate); professional development stipend (art of teaching)
- A conscious, compassionate community of grateful and supportive parents
- Supportive and collaborative faculty, leadership, and wider community
- A school with strong (but flexible) roots in anthroposophy, a strong school spirit, and an admin team with a foundation in Waldorf education
- A campus in the heart of Sedona with quick access to nature trails, red rocks, mountain views, creek
Here’s what we are looking for:
- A dedicated, creative, and inspiring leader with light-filled values
- Someone with creative spark who has artistic & academic potential/talent across multiple mediums
- Waldorf teacher training in the grades (strong experience and ability will also be considered)
- Lead teaching experience and ability to hold form with both warmth and expectation
- A well-planned and organized practitioner with excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge and experience with anthroposophy and in delivering a Waldorf curriculum (and a deep resonance with both)
- A love for nature, our place within her and her place within us
- Passion, and care for the future generation, and an ability to make children feel ‘seen’
- Someone who works positively and cooperatively within a team and always utilizes direct communication
- Someone with a deeply-rooted sense that teaching is a calling/service
Please send a short bio sketch, letter of interest, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to hear from you soon!