Preschool Co-Teachers and Substitutes
1) Afternoon Preschool and Kindergarten Co-Teacher (Oak Class)
- M-F: 1:30-5pm | F: 8:30-5
- Looking for someone available to add on morning shifts when enrollment increases.
- Monthly salary of $1,856.85/month | Annual salary of $22,282.25
- Based on a qualified “Teacher” rate of $19/hr. Here is our '23-'24 Teaching Pay Bracket
- Here is a sample Salary Agreement.
2) Support Teacher (all classes)
- 30.5 hrs a week M, T, Th, F (Varies, but base schedule is 8:30-3:45)
- Supports all 3 classes and teachers during the day, and cleans our community space - below is the breakdown of the schedule.
- Monthly salary of $2,422.13/month
- Salary based on $18-$19/hr depending on experience and education. Here is our '23-'24 Teaching Pay Bracket
- Here is a sample Salary Agreement. Right now, it is written for an Aid 2.
- We will not be hiring an Aid 1 for this position.
- This position is for an Aid 2 or Teacher. See page 71 and 75 in the ELD Rule Book to confirm you are an Aid 2 or Teacher qualified before scheduling an interview.
3) Substitute Teacher (all classes)
- On call and pre-scheduled shifts
$17-$19/hr depending on experience and education. Here is our '23-'24 Teaching Pay Bracket
Required certificates include (may be obtained upon employment):
- Pediatric CPR and 1st Aid Certificate
- Oregon Food Handlers Card
- Enrollment in the Background Registry
- Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety (ICCHS)
- Safe Sleep Training
- Foundations for Learning
- Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect
- Additional RIE infant training is needed in the infant classroom and may be obtained after hiring.
Knowledge of and/or experience in a Waldorf early childhood and Forest School is highly sought after!
All Lead Teachers must be “Teacher Qualified” through the Early Learning Division
Please email required application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (see below) with the email subject titled "Co-Teacher or Lead Teacher Applicant".
**Please Note: Applications will be dismissed if any of the following is negated.**
Please do not call the school to follow up - we do not have a receptionist.
Application Materials Include:
2) Names and phone numbers of three work and/or teaching-related references
3) Cover letter with answers to the following:
- How has your experience prepared you for the responsibilities of this position?
- We follow the Waldorf philosophy and teach through an emergent curriculum. How would your approach combine with ours?
- Our Forest Garden is a dynamic part of our curriculum. Elaborate on your experience and awareness of the Forest School movement and/or Outdoor Education.
- We encourage our whole staff to use their interests to enrich the overall experience we provide to both children and families. How could your interests and skill set enrich our program?
- If applying for Infant care: What is your knowledge and experience of RIE?
After an interview, qualified applicants will show the ability to foster and lead a healthy working environment through a working interview.
**Please review our website before applying.**