Kindergarten Aftercare Coordinator
This is a .75 FTE position (approx 30 hours per week)
Duration: School year from mid-August through early July (actual dates vary each year according to the school calendar)
The Kindergarten Aftercare Program Coordinator is responsible for holding the kindergarten aftercare students from class dismissal until they are picked up from Aftercare. Responsibilities include creating and following a schedule that works in harmony with the morning school day: daily and weekly rhythm that holds a consciousness for time to both play and relax. Creating the opportunity for appropriate crafts and activities is also important. The coordinator is responsible for arranging a healthy, late afternoon snack two days a week and also for arranging substitution for kindergarten aftercare staff.
The coordinator will supervise up to 3 hourly employees (teachers’ aides). The Coordinator will also be in regular communication with the kindergarten teachers, ensuring that the afternoon rhythm and activities work in harmony with Waldorf pedagogy and to discuss any issues with the children to create a shared understanding. The Coordinator will also attend weekly aftercare staff meetings.
The Kindergarten Aftercare Coordinator will also lead, coordinate, and hire support staff for a 3-week Kindergarten Summer Camp in June and early July.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Upon arrival, check in at the main office to see if there is any important information pertaining to aftercare that day. Prepare for the afternoon.
- Do a daily check of kindergarten children attendance
- Together with aides, set up nap rooms by 12:15
- Together with aides, support kindergarten dismissal transition from 12:35 to 12:45
- Keep the aftercare supplies in clean and good working condition. Order supplies as needed, with the approval of the Aftercare Director.
- Plan and carry out all areas of curriculum according to Waldorf pedagogy
- Maintain clean and orderly kindergarten rooms, play yard and kitchen, as they are used
- Help prepare and maintain the ASP room with a sense of beauty and order before school starts, after Winter Fair, and packing up for summer
- Assist with childcare during parent/teacher conference week in November
- Lead and coordinate Kindergarten February and Spring Camps and staffing
- Lead and coordinate 3-week Kindergarten Summer Camp and staffing
- Attend faculty workdays, meetings and preparation days in June and August
- Participate in Kindergarten Orientation Evening and Slipper Drop-Off Event (August)
- Maintain a working knowledge of school policies and procedures: earthquake and evacuation procedures, proper documentation of children's injuries, location and use of first aid kit playground rules
● Completion of the Waldorf Teacher Training (or in progress)
● Completed or enrolled in 12 Early Childhood units
● Red Cross/CPR First Aid certification/Medicine Administration training
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a .75 FTE position. Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending plans, matching retirement plan (after one year) and prorated tuition remission for eligible dependents in our N-12 program. Staff fees apply. The .75FTE (prorated) annual salary range is $45K - $52K depending on experience. Salaries are paid on a 12-month schedule.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
● Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
● Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: June 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com