Preschool Program Aftercare Aide
San Francisco Waldorf School is seeking a Preschool Aftercare Aide, starting as soon as possible.
This is an hourly, part-time position
The Preschool Aftercare Aide is an essential role in the day of many children at the school. The Aide is responsible for the Preschool children who attend aftercare, following a daily and weekly rhythm that gives these children the opportunity to partake in rest, appropriate activities, and time to play and relax after a long school morning. The aide is also responsible helping to arrange a healthy, late afternoon snack.
Areas of Responsibility
Under the guidance of the Preschool Coordinator of Aftercare:
- Help set up the classroom for nap time
- Help create a mood of rest and quiet
- Help restore the room to order after nap
- Assist with snack preparation and clean-up
- Daily check of times at which children are picked-up w/parent/guardian's signature
- Waldorf training preferred (or in process)
- 6 ECEs completed (or in process)
- Experience working with young children
- Red Cross/CPR First Aid certification/Medicine Administration training (classes are usually offered during Faculty workdays)
- Maintain a working knowledge of school policies and procedures: earthquake and evacuation procedures, proper documentation of children's injuries, location and use of first aid kit
Compensation: $29 per hour
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Benefits include San Francisco Sick Paid Sick Leave and San Francisco Health Care Ordinance. This position does not continue through the Summer break. Holidays are unpaid.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
Regularly sitting or standing 3 or more hours
FLSA Classification: Hourly; Non-exempt from overtime
Reports to: Preschool Aftercare Coordinator
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
SFWS asks all employees to proactively commit to diversity, equity, and inclusion; personal improvement; and service to the SFWS mission, bringing energy and excitement to serve the students, faculty, and families of the school.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org