Part-Time Substitute Teachers
Summary of Position:
The Substitute Teacher will cover for an absent teacher, adhering to the day’s lesson plan and ensuring that students have a fulfilling learning experience.
- Follow teacher’s instructions for lesson plan, or create lesson plan if none is available;
- Record attendance according to school procedure;
- Supplement lesson plan with other classroom activities, if time allows;
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and foster a safe, productive learning environment in accordance with school policies;
- Compile report for teacher that includes student attendance, lesson-plan progress, disciplinary actions, and positive developments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Able to lead classroom effectively;
- Flexibility and patience in scheduling;
- Keen sense of awareness of your environment (multi-tasker, alert to surroundings);
- Friendly and approachable (with students and parents);
- Strict adherence to school policies and ability to interpret and enforce rules;
- Familiarity with Waldorf philosophy (or interest and willingness to learn) is helpful;
- For working in preschool, have a minimum of 6 core ECE units-12 preferred.
- Can meet the physical demands of working in a classroom (standing, sitting, moving around a crowded room);
- Live Scan background screening (required before first day of work);
- TB risk assessment/clearance (required before first day of work);
- Additional trainings required within first 40 hours of employment.
Job Type: Limited, Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $20 - $25 per hour, depending on experience
Hours: As needed; scheduled for at least 2 hours whenever asked to sub
To Apply: Please email your resume and 3 references to email@example.com, with the subject line Substitute Teacher. If your resume does not include your education, teaching experience, and other relevant experience with children, please include a cover letter with that information.
Camellia Waldorf School educates by honoring childhood, appreciating the individuality of each student, and instilling a sense of moral and ethical re...