Class Teacher - Primary School
Forest House Waldorf School is a non-profit organisation which strives to offer inclusive education to all who seek it, regardless of religion, political background, or culture. The school is the first Waldorf school in Hong Kong duly registered with the Education Bureau and is recognised by the International Forum for Waldorf/Steiner Education in Switzerland, as well as being an associate member of Steiner Education Australia.
Having guided two groups of students through their primary school years, FHWS aims to expand its classes from primary school to the middle school to reach a capacity of 120 students.
We are therefore pleased to invite trained and experienced Waldorf class teachers to join us from August 2024, as our enrolment grows.
The Class Teacher plays a very important role in this age-appropriate education, and usually continues with the class through several years of their primary school journey, often from Class 1 through to Class 6 or further. With this approach, the teacher gets to know the children’s strengths and needs deeply, and thus supports a positive social dynamic in the classroom.
The suitable candidate must be proficient and fluent in English and show:
- A willingness to grow with a young school following the Rudolf Steiner methodology.
- A deep interest in children and their development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with teachers and parents.
- The candidate must be a team-player who is also a self-starter.
- Enjoy a collaborative working environment.
- Be committed to professional and inner development
- Show respect for local customs and culture.
- An undergraduate degree and a certificate in Waldorf primary school teaching.
- Having completed a Primary School Waldorf cycle will be advantageous.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
General Remark for Candidates
- Closing date for applications : 31st December 2023.
- Please send your letter of application together with a CV to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to join the online interview by Trustees and/or Principals. The second interview may be carried out online or in person. The final candidate may be invited to visit the school for a final interview and/or pilot class. If necessary, we will reimburse the travel and hotel costs.
- For more information about our school, please visit the website on www.foresthouse.edu.hk