Join us at The Waldorf School of St. Louis, where we differ from other schools in the St. Louis area. Our students are taught through drawing, painting, music, handwork, speech, storytelling, sculpting, and more! We are looking for engaging professionals, with experience, and compassion who understand best practices in teaching, and are interested in collaborative and multidisciplinary approaches. Gain valuable classroom experience while supporting a wonderful community. Opportunities for substitute teaching are available in Early Childhood, Kindergarten, and Grades 1 through 8.
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately both verbally and in writing
- Ability to uphold school policies and protocols and to maintain confidentiality when needed
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to balance multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- A passion for education and experience with or interest in learning more about Waldorf Education
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with others and work in ways that embody WSSL’s values of diversity, collaboration, respect, spiritual connection, and striving
- Plans and conducts classroom activities that provide individual developmental experiences for students
- Performs classroom teaching duties
- Responsible for the health, safety, and personal welfare of assigned students
- Performs other duties as assigned
For a full job description or to apply, email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter with a short autobiographical statement
- Resume or summary of your applicable knowledge/experience
- Three professional references: Please provide the names and email addresses of three individuals who can speak to your professional qualifications and character.