Our Administrative Chair coordinates and manages administrative support of and communication between the different governing bodies and committees of The Waldorf School of St. Louis. The Administrative Chair is the “point person” for the Administrative Team with keeping the school vision and mission at the forefront of decision making. The Administrative Chair supports the long-term and strategic goals of the Board of Trustees and Full Time Faculty, providing necessary research, consideration, recommendations, and communication of those goals to the various school stakeholders. This role works closely with Faculty Leadership when concerns arise about pedagogy, students, parents, or instructional personnel. The Administrative Chair also works closely with the Board of Trustees and its mandated committees in overseeing the financial and legal wellbeing of the school. As a school leader, the Administrative Chair serves as a primary advocate for, and embodiment of, school values and culture.
The Waldorf School of St. Louis is an AWSNA associate school with students in Pre-K through Grade 8, founded in 1993 and actively working toward full accreditation. Our community features an active parent body, committed Board, strong Administration, and collaborative Faculty. We are located in the Webster Groves community, just west of downtown St. Louis.
We welcome you to visit us and see our students in action. At The Waldorf School of St. Louis, we rethink what is possible in education.
For a full job description or to apply, email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter with a short autobiographical statement
- Resume or summary of your applicable knowledge/experience
- Three professional references: Please provide the names and email addresses of three individuals who can speak to your professional qualifications and character.
- Small class sizes and engaged, curious students
- 5% Health Insurance reimbursement for full time employees
- Training funds (up to 50% reimbursement) for professional development
- Collaborative faculty and staff who make decisions by consensus
- A campus in the heart of Historic North Webster with access to parks, and outdoor spaces that are integral to our students’ school day and overall educational experience through outdoor playtime, experiential learning, kinesthetic learning, and curiosity about the world beyond the classroom walls
- Tuition discounts for children of employees, up to 100% for FT employees
- Mentoring programs and strong, supportive, collegial relationships