Immediate Opening: Caregiver for Neurodivergent Child
About the Position: We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated caregiver to provide support to a single-parent family with a neurodivergent 8-year-old girl. She attends school and her father needs assistance with pick-up, care after school, and Sunday mornings. The caregiver will play a crucial role in creating a supportive and structured environment that promotes the child’s well-being and development.
About my daughter: She is an energetic and compassionate girl that loves to connect with people. She is very physically competent and enjoys the movement that a playground or a climbing tree offers. She loves physical activity, and listening to music.
1. Daily Routine Assistance: Assist the child in her daily routines, including activities, meal preparation and cleanup, transportation, and preparing for bed.
2. Afternoon School Support: Pickup child from school. Ensure that she has a snack and appropriate after school activities. This may include playdates, outdoor play time, driving to activities or time at home.
3. Behavioral Support: Implement strategies recommended by the parent to manage the child's neurodivergent challenges, such as low-demand parenting, strewing activities, appropriate physical play, and co-regulation.
4. Learning: Provide guidance and support during learning activities, helping the child understand and complete any projects while maintaining a patient and encouraging attitude. Her disability includes learning delay - she is currently showing signs of early literacy.
5. Social Interaction: Facilitate social interactions with the child's peers, guiding her through playdates and fostering positive friendships.
6. Engaging Activities: Plan and engage the child in age-appropriate, enjoyable activities that align with her interests and help develop her skills, creativity, and confidence.
7. Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with the child's parent and teachers. The daily schedule will also include time without the child for planning and collaboration with the parent.
8. Emotional Support: Provide emotional support to the child, helping her understand and manage her emotions, frustrations, and anxieties in a constructive manner.
9. Safety and Well-being: Prioritize the child's safety at all times, ensuring she is supervised, protected, and engaged in a secure environment.
- Previous experience in caregiving or working with children with special needs. - Understanding of neurodivergent children or willingness to learn.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and remain calm under pressure. - Reliable and punctual.
- Background check and references.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
-Ability and desire to engage in prolonged physical play with child.
Schedule: Part-time schedule: 25 hours per week to be set with the caregiver, position to start as soon as possible.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday: 7:30 AM - 12:30 PM (Required)
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.$25-$30/hour
To apply send and email detailing your experience as a caregiver and any experience you have working with neurodivergent youth or how you might be a fit for the position. Resumes appreciated, but optional. Email: email@example.com