Te Kura o Rudolf Steiner i Ōtautahi is a vibrant and thriving educational community situated at the foot of Ngā Kohatu Whakarakaraka o Tamatea Pōkai Whenua/Port Hills and next to Opāwāho/Heathcote River in Ōtautahi. Our school is deeply rooted in the principles of Rudolf Steiner education and is committed to fostering an environment where students are encouraged to explore their unique potential and develop a strong sense of self.
What matters to us:
At Te Kura o Rudolf Steiner i Ōtautahi, our special character is underpinned by the core values of Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, and Rangatiratanga. These values are not just words; they are the guiding principles that define our educational philosophy.
Manaakitanga (Our Place): We believe in fostering a sense of belonging and collaboration within our school community. Our students, teachers, and parents work together to create an environment where everyone is valued, and learning is a shared journey.
Whanaungatanga (Our People): We place a strong emphasis on kindness, care, and respect in all our interactions. Integrity and trust are the cornerstones of our relationships, and we believe in creating a safe and nurturing space for every member of our community.
Rangatiratanga (Our Purpose): We hold high expectations for all learners, always. Our commitment to excellence and equity drives our educational mission. We believe that every student has the potential to achieve greatness, and it is our responsibility to help them realize it.
What you will do with your time:
We are seeking a Tumuaki who shows a commitment to our special character, embodies our values and is passionate about leading our kura. The successful candidate will be a forward-thinking educational leader with a deep understanding of education, leadership and management principles. They will have strengths in developing collaborative relationships, inspiring others to achieve the goals of the kura, use sound judgement to make timely and effective decisions, respect and value individual differences, motivates, and use these to guide our dedicated team of educators and staff, ensuring that our students receive the highest quality education.
What does success look like in the role:
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure continued growth and development of our kura, aligned with our values, special character and strategic plan.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, belonging, kindness, and respect within the school community.
- Set and maintain high educational standards to ensure every student reaches their full potential.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with teachers, students, parents, caregivers, tangata whenua, and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the school, including financial management, staff development, and curriculum development.
- Uphold and promote the principles of Rudolf Steiner education while adapting to the evolving educational landscape.
- Give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi by enabling te reo Māori and tikanga to be heard, seen and valued in our kura.
What are we looking for in our next Tumuaki:
- Minimum of 5 years of educational leadership experience, preferably in a Rudolf Steiner/Waldorf school.
- Deep understanding of education principles and philosophy, preferably including the distinctive features of Rudolf Steiner/Waldorf education.
- Demonstrated ability to balance the long-term aspirations with the day-to-day operational requirements of running a kura.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proven experience in team leadership and development.
- A commitment to fostering an inclusive and equitable learning environment.
If you are a passionate and dedicated educational leader who aligns with our special character and values, we invite you to apply for this position. Please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, and contact details for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t hesitate, apply now:
Applications will be progressed as they are received and will be accepted until 20 October 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to discuss the selection process.
Join us at Te Kura o Rudolf Steiner i Ōtautahi and help shape the future of our tamariki by nurturing an environment that supports developing a strong sense of self, creativity, and an appreciation for the world around them!
For more information: visit our website https://www.ch.steiner.school.nz/contact-us/vacancies/