Spring Hill Children’s Center is a preschool and Kindergarten that serves the children and families of the greater Monadnock region. Tucked into the hills surrounding Keene, NH our campus offers a rich environment for children, ages 3-6, to explore the natural world and all its wonders. We are a Waldorf inspired and Nature-based program. Our teachers and staff facilitate curricula based out of a deep respect and understanding of children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. Free play, meaningful work, story, song, rhythm, imagination, and connection to the natural world, are central to the program. Through this rich variety of activities we aim to nourish in the children a deep trust in themselves, a feeling of care for others, a wonder-filled connection to nature and a love of learning.
Spring Hill is a state licensed, non-profit preschool that operates five days a week from 8:00am-3:00pm, including half-day, full-day, and extended days. Currently there are three early childhood classrooms. We follow a school year calendar and offer summer camp programming as well.
Job Description: The role of the Operations Manager is to ensure that operations at Spring Hill Children’s Center flow harmoniously with all the other facets of the center. This is a support position with set tasks and obligations as well as a flexibility to step in where needed. This person would support the Director of Spring Hill with managing daily operations.
The person in this role will hold a complete picture of Spring Hill as a Childcare Center as well as a growing non-profit organization and work with the Program Director and Board of Directors to support growth and development.
● This is a part-time, salaried position.
● The salary range is $15,000 to $17,000 per year with an expected time commitment of
around 14 hours, or roughly two days, per week.
● Benefits include:
○ Time off coinciding with school breaks
○ Sick/personal days
○ Direct primary care health benefit
○ Partial tuition remission for children
○ Professional development stipend
● Undergraduate degree.
● Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
● Familiarity with or willingness to learn the current online data and communications systems used by Spring Hill such as Brightwheel, Quickbooks, Mailchimp, Squarespace, Canva, and various social media platforms.
● Ability and willingness to communicate effectively and professionally with others in a way that represents the school and Spring Hill’s values.
● Excellent time management skills and capacity to manage competing priorities and
● Team-oriented and ability to work collaboratively with other staff to ensure high quality
● Self-awareness and resolve conflicts and misunderstandings with compassion and
● Ability to treat others with kindness and respect, including children, families, staff, and other
Spring Hill community members.
● Knowledge and experience in the field of Early Childhood Education and Waldorf
Education preferred. DHHS credentialing as an Early Childhood Education teacher or the
willingness to become credentialed is also preferred.
● Must be willing to obtain First Aid, CPR and water safety.
● Must be able to lift fifty pounds at once.
The Operations Manager oversees the management and implementation of many of Spring Hill’s systems. This is a highly collaborative position in partnership with the Preschool Director.
● Record keeping
● Grant administration
● Bill pay
● Working with finance committee on annual budget
● Preparing for, attending, and contributing to regular Finance Committee Meetings
● Social media
● Spring Hill online newsletter
● Monitoring enrollment system
● Gathering potential student information
● Filtering info into Brightwheel and to the Program Director
● Coordinating tours with the Director
● Assisting with maintenance of student files
Personnel and Program
● Assisting with staff onboarding and paperwork
● Assisting with maintenance of staff files
● Running Payroll
● Liaise with Property Manager and vendors to maintain safe and functional space
● Collaborate with Program Director and Property Manager to meet licensing
requirements and local, state and federal regulations for facility e.g. fire safety, water
testing, health and safety
● Development event planning and coordinating