24/25 First Grade Teacher
Sunfield Farm and Waldorf School is seeking a 1st grade class teacher for the 2024-2025 school year.
Sunfield is seeking someone who possesses confidence, warmth, brightness, and is excited about integrating the rhythms of farm life into their teaching. Candidates should be enthusiastic about working in the social realm of children and adults.
Sunfield has been on the farm and land for 17 years. We serve 155 children in preschool through 8th grade, and expect a return to strong enrollment for the 2024/25 school year. We are anticipating a first grade of 16-20 students.
Daily, children and teachers work with animals, plants, gardens, compost, walk and play on the land, and steward the land of Sunfield. Our dedicated faculty of 23 includes lead teachers, assistants and specialty subject teahcers. Our faculty enjoy a strong colleagueship, deepening their work through Anthroposophy and a connection to the land and animals. Sunfield maintains a committed and supportive administrative team that participates in the life of the school and farm.
- Waldorf teaching certificate (currently enrolled students will be considered)
- Commitment to Anthroposophy
- Continued interest in deepening an understanding of Waldorf pedagogy and child development
- Understanding of classroom management and interest in restorative discipline
- 2+ years teaching experience in a grade’s classroom setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in ongoing renewal of the Waldorf curriculum for the 21st-century
- Commitment to engaging in the work of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- Base salary is $40,000 plus increments, with a starting salary range from $40,000 to $52,500 depending on education and experience. Increments for experience and education are applied to the base salary.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Life Insurance plan
- 100% tuition remission for dependent children.
- Annual professional development allocation and opportunities.
- Annual PTO including wellness days, vacation aligned with the academic calendar, and summer time off
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 professional references to Executive Director Abra Derbis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunfield Land for Learning encompasses a Waldorf school, Biodynamic farm and community education program. We are located on an 81-acre campus in Jefferson county on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. We are one of few Waldorf schools in the nation that is located on a thriving farm, which includes a forest, wetland and agricultural fields. Sunfield is nestled between the Olympic mountains and the Puget Sound, just outside of Port Townsend, a vibrant Victorian seaport community. We are two hours away from the bustling city of Seattle and have mountains and ocean in our backyard. Truly a beautiful place to live and work!
Sunfield is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To serve, to educate, to steward...