[Priority Listing] Grade 1 Teacher
Sunrise School of Miami seeks a Grade 1 Teacher to start August 2024
Please join us as we grow!
Step into Sunrise School of Miami’s light and warmth! Our community is growing and we welcome you to join our experienced team.
About Sunrise School of Miami:
Come join our cohesive, supportive, international faculty and staff including members from Colombia, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Poland, Lebanon, China and the U.S.! We are situated in metropolitan Miami, FL, a dynamic, multi-cultural city with strong ties to the Caribbean and Latin America. We are located on a tropical, 6 acre, treed campus, a quarter-mile from Biscayne Bay - renowned for its spectacular sailing opportunities. Now in our 19th year, our enrollment is 80 students from Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Class sizes range from 10 – 14 students. Our school has blossomed these past few years as we launched a parent-child program, reached capacity in our two kindergartens and are hoping to launch a third.
Our talented and experienced teachers nurture an environment of warmth, collaboration and joyful collegiality. Subject teachers provide Spanish and Mandarin language, woodworking, movement, chorus, handwork, orchestra and gardening instruction. The gardening program includes a seasonal produce market that includes bananas and dragon fruit, and is a popular community gathering spot on Friday afternoons. Our parents are supportive and involved in many facets of the school, including active participation in festivals and creating items for our school store. Twice a month a group of parents and teachers gather together to play the ukulele and sing.
We seek individuals:
- Who enjoy building healthy relationships with parents, students and colleagues
- With excellent teaching, classroom management and communication skills
- Who possess a deep understanding of students, their development, learning styles and needs
- Who are self-directed, creative, artistic, collaborative, knowledgeable of and committed to Waldorf education and Anthroposophy
- Who, as a plus, have a background or experience working with children with learning challenges, or a specialization in reading
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior teaching experience (ideally in a Waldorf school)
- Completion of, or current enrollment in, Waldorf teacher training. Student teachers in training are encouraged to apply as well.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including subsidies for health insurance and professional development. Full-time teachers are eligible for full tuition remission for their children.
Please submit the following to Esther Rodrigues, Hiring Committee, Sunrise School of Miami at email@example.com
- Letter of interest including a brief biography
- Three professional references (include phone numbers and email addresses)