Grade 6-8 Lead Teacher
Haleakalā Waldorf School is seeking an experienced educator to take on a lead teacher role in grade 6-8 starting in July of 2024.
We are seeking an individual who has a commitment to excellence in teaching, educational equity, and anti-racism; strong communication skills in parent education and collegial collaboration; a connection to Hawai’i; and a passion for guiding children and families as part of a dynamic Grades 6-8 team. Working from our upcountry Kula campus, this teaching position will include management of instructional programs through experiential, hands-on teaching, use of the telephone, internet, and G Suite for Education.
We are committed to a multicultural and diverse body of teachers, staff, and students. Our dedicated faculty values strong collegial working and warm relationships with parents. We seek a teacher to join us in our commitment to Waldorf education. Individuals with university degrees, Waldorf teacher training, and preferably, experience teaching in a Waldorf school are encouraged to apply.
- Waldorf Teacher Training completed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a Waldorf Class Teacher
- Experience with Hawaiian sense of place and outdoor education teaching helpful
Benefits and Compensation:
- This is a full-time position with full benefits including medical, dental, and 401k
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Faculty; Exempt from overtime
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you wish to apply or seek further information, please send a statement of interest, resume and three references toHR@waldorfmaui.org