Early Childhood Teacher Assistant - 2023/2024
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher Assistant - 2023/2024
Reports to:Lead Kindergarten Teacher
The Early Childhood Teacher Assistant is responsible for helping to create a wonderful Waldorf Kindergarten experience for our mixed age classrooms (ages 2 ½ to 4, or 4 to 6). The ECE Assistant will work with the Early Childhood Lead Teacher by assisting in classroom management and supervision of the class, engage appropriately with students, take direction from the Lead Teacher, and engage in day to day responsibilities according to the principles of Waldorf Education. This position includes a large portion of the day outside.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in curriculum activities; setup/cleanup of circle time, birthday celebrations, and festivals
- Assist with the transitions throughout the day.
- Help with daily preparations of classroom, restocking cleaning supplies and materials
- Guide and encourage children with self-care -diapering, toileting, dressing, and social behavior
- Help maintain general order, cleanliness, and aesthetics in classroom
- Prepare, serve, and cleanup daily snacks
- Assist in maintaining a warm and nurturing environment
- Direct student behavior and parent communication to the Lead Kindergarten Teacher
- Maintain confidentiality in all student situations
- Become knowledgeable about campus Emergency Plan
- Complete monthly online timesheets
- May Substitute for Lead Teacher if needed (ECT required)
- May Substitute for afternoon program if available
- Attendance is encouraged at scheduled ECE meetings including In Services (August and June). Attendance at the August licensing meeting is mandatory.
- Participate in the annual work day in August to prepare the classroom.
- This position can be combined with theEarly Childhood Rainbow Garden Teacher Assistantposition with hours of 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and 12:30-2:15 on Thursdays.
Education and Qualifications
- Early Childhood Education experience preferred
- Waldorf Kindergarten experience preferred
- Reliable, consistent, and collegial
- Possess a warm, friendly, and joyous demeanor
Early Childhood Licensing Requirements
- Complete requirements for Colorado ECE regulations of Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care. Must be an ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) as designated by the State of Colorado or working toward this qualification.
- Within 30 days CPR, First Aid, Standard Precautions, Physical, Background check, fingerprinting, mandatory licensing classes, registration in Colorado Shines PDIS and Early Childhood Educator qualified per the State of Colorado’s requirements.
- Submission of a medical physical by a licensed physician or other health care professional as required per licensing regulations
- Kindergarten classroom, playground, hikes, and neighborhood walks
- Monday through Friday, hours of 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Work schedule follows the SMWS annual school calendar - late August through early June
- Because of the classroom setting, there are limited breaks offered during the day
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly rate of $20.00 per hour
- Lead Substitute rate of $25.00 per hour (ECT required)
- Hourly rate of $18.00 per hour when participating in meetings/trainings
- Three (3) paid Holidays include: Fall Break Holiday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and Memorial Day
- Colorado Paid Sick Leave - 1 hour for each 30 hours worked - up to 48 hours per year
- Professional Development - will be paid time
- Required 15 hours of online PDIS (Professional Development Information System) classes
- This is a part time position - no additional benefits are offered at this time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Frequent walks; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; speaking and listening
- Daily requirement to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40-pound child
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, familial status, sexual orientation or nation or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.