Health, Safety, and Community Life Administrator
Job Title: Health, Safety, and Community Life Administrator
Reports to: School Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: November 2023
The Health, Safety, and Community Life Administrator oversees all policies, practices and communication related to Health and safety of the school. Working closely with the administrative team, parents and volunteers, the Administrator facilitates daily school life on and off campus in accordance with established policies and in response to immediate needs and situations. The Administrator will supervise the Lower School Office including the receptionist to receive students and parents with health incidents or information, as well as receiving and authorizing guests on campus. Additionally, the Administrator will work directly with teachers to facilitate field trips and substitution. The Administrator will coordinate processes and procedures with High School Office staff as well.
The Administration will liaise with the Community Association Chair and class Parents as a representative of the school and to facilitate various meetings and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
Community Life Facilitation:
- Support and coordinate volunteer activity for various festivals, events and presentations.
- Responsible for the representation of the school in community and professional meetings as required, and to other agencies and the government.
- Responsible for hearing parent issues and directing parents to appropriate individuals or bodies.
- Interface with vendors for the school and act as the point of contact and service providers related to health and facilities.
- Liaison with neighborhood residents as needed.
- Manage process to update safety manuals and handbooks
- Update various forms
- Communicate and monitor safety practices along with School Director
- Relay and coordinate information with faculty, admissions and communications staff for accurate and timely content for the Weekly
- Manage scheduling for all school parent teacher conference days
- Participate as a member of the Administration Team
- Manage all safety compliance, weather, first aid, emergency procedures, drill checklists, school closures procedures and chair safety committee meetings.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative policies, procedures and programs focused on school operations.
- In coordination with the School Director and Business Director participate in budget planning.
- As supervisor of the office staff, be responsible for the selection, hiring, training, and annual evaluation of staff.
- Review and have knowledge of the admissions process and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations of the State Board of Education and other private school and day care regulators.
- Coordinate technology needs resolution with consulting tech team
- Coordinate faculty absences and substitution.
- Participate in school functions.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong data management, database utility, and tracking/reporting skills. Familiarity with Blackbaud, Google platform, School Pass and similar programs.
- Familiar with or interested in working with a Waldorf School culture which values each human being and strives for respectful engagement in community life.
- Understand and contribute to clear organizational practices and proper function of health and safety practices consistent with the duty of care held by a school.
- Well-organized; capable of managing the office through seasonal demands and familiar with platforms and software which support data management and communication for organizations and facilities.
- Clear and effective communication along with a “front of house” warmth and demeanor are required.
- Work well with people; able to interface with various constituencies; well-developed social sense.
- Supervise others in a professional manner.
- Ability to create solutions for administrative matters and develop workable administrative structures to support school.
- Professional experience with emphasis in health care, school safety procedures, operational procedures and data management.
- General office environment
- Walk and share the SMWS campus
- Occasional weekend and evening hours
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- Full time - year round administrative position
- Salary range of $50,000 to $60,000 annual salary plus benefits
- Optimum hours during school hours – Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Paid time off and Sick Time
- Employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) are offered for this position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to perform:
- Lift 25 pounds, bending, stretching
- Walk around campus sidewalks and grassy areas in all types of weather
- Work within an office setting
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to theirrace, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, familial status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin,citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references email@example.com.