Bachlor of Education Foundation Phase Head of Department (BEd HoD)
To ensure Quality Assurance processes through effective management and leadership of the Bachelor of Education Foundation Phase programme
Evaluate, coordinate and develop the Bachelor of Education Foundation Phase programme
- Overall Quality Assurance of Bachelor of Education Foundation Phase
- Identify opportunities for new programmes and assist in development of new programmes Programme assessment
- Curriculum review and development with detailed integration possibilities with other courses/programmes/co-lecturing/assessments etc.
- Programme review report, improvement plan and implementation plan are done annually.
- Coordinate the external programme review every three years.
- Review and provide relevant reports needed for accreditation with CHE, DHET, SAQA.
Quality Assurance Structures
- Approval of the application process for the Bachelor of Education – Foundation Phase Hold overall responsibility that curriculum updates are done when needed, ensure that course subject guides are complete and in alignment with the correct NQF levels.
- Convene meetings with Subject Heads who coordinate courses within the BEd Foundation Phase programme and check all quality assurance tasks are completed within the programme as determined by CCE policies
- Contribute to timetabling and staffing plan
- Supervise moderation of the different courses within the Bachelor of Education – Foundation Phase including internal and external Moderation.
- Ensure Student and lecturer course reviews are conducted, analysed and integrated into the Programme.
- Oversight of the Work Integrated Learning course within the Programme.
- Subject Head of one course in the Bachelor of Education Foundation Phase Programme Teaching in the programme when required.
- Supervision of student support.
- Monitoring and tracking of the students’ academic results, progression and performance within the programme.
- Peer learning and teaching reviews twice a year.
- Lecturer performance review participation with HR Manager and Head of ProgrammesP.
- Approve lecturer workloads sheets to be translated into contracts for permanent and part-time staff.
- Implement staff professional development where needed if specific to the department.
- Active participation and member of the Management Team.
- Engagement with external stakeholders
Scholarship of Learning and Teaching
- Collaborate on research focused on CCE learning and teaching activities
- Participate in CCE research community of practice
- PhD or a relevant master’s degree (NQF 9 level qualification) with firm plans for doctoral study; A proposed schedule of research publications, or the potential to publish in peer-reviewed journals;
- A relevant BEd or equivalent professional teaching qualification, or applicable teaching experience in Waldorf and/or South African public schools
- 3 years experience of learning and teaching in Higher Education in an Education department Thorough knowledge of current changes, policies, and practices in Higher Education in South Africa Experience in leading and coordinating a team
- Knowledge and skill in the use of ICTs in learning and teaching
- Proof of registration for a relevant PhD (past proposal stage);
- Proven leadership in teaching in creative arts, educational theory or mathematics
- Experience and/or knowledge of learner management system/s;
- Published articles in peer-reviewed and indexed journals;
- Peer-reviewed papers delivered at recognised education conferences.
Submit a motivational letter, curriculum vitae and at least two references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org November 2023