High School Humanities Teacher
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Austin Waldorf School, a co-educational, k-12 day school located in Austin, Texas, seeks a full-time high school Humanities teacher to begin July 1, 2022.
The high school Humanities teacher will be an experienced educator with demonstrated academic and professional achievement in a related field. Applicants will demonstrate and model the qualities of collaboration, energy, initiative, empathy, and flexibility. They will become a core member of the humanities department and foster a deep connection, love, and respect for the Humanities, and will be an active member of the AWS school community.
The high school Humanities teacher will excel at classroom management and group facilitation, as well as communicating in writing and speaking. They will be an enthusiastic representative of the Humanities program to current and prospective parents, and will play an important role in AWS’ curriculum development.
The high school Humanities teacher’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Teach main lesson blocks in grades 9-12
- Teach regularly scheduled skills classes
- Contribute to weekly humanities department meetings
- Attend weekly high school faculty, and full-faculty, meetings as scheduled
- Serve as a student and class advisor
- Collaborate with student support to ensure that all students are learning at their highest potential
We welcome Waldorf-trained international candidates.
The Austin Waldorf School seeks candidates who have demonstrated success teaching and innovating in a Waldorf school, and hold Waldorf teacher certification. Candidates will possess, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a passion for teaching high school-age students. Strong candidates will have a passion for their subject and a commitment to the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Honoring the lives of high school students with respect, attention, curiosity, and humor is a must. We welcome Waldorf-trained international candidates.
TO APPLY, qualified candidates should visit our website, https://austinwaldorf.org/explore/career-opportunities/, to complete the online application, and submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating specific interest in the High School Humanities Teaching position
- Current resume
- A list of 3-5 references, including at least 2 who have directly supervised the candidate’s work (no contact will be made without candidate approval).
Your application has been successfully submitted.