High School Computer Science Teacher
SUMMARY: The Austin Waldorf School (AWS) immediately seeks a talented and experienced individual for the position of Part-Time Computer Science Teacher to join our STEAM team. The role includes regular instruction of Computer Science classes in the High School (9-12) as well as opportunities to develop and update the Computer Science curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, COMPUTER SCIENCE (STEAM)
The role requires the individual have teaching experience and foundational skills to instruct:
- Brief history of computers and the evolution of the computer
- Computer logic, cryptography, and binary digital representation
- Simple digital circuits design TTL logic. Through the building of a full-adder
- Word processing, desktop publishing (including graphics), and spreadsheets
- Basic programming (HTML and other languages), and UI programming
- Internet protocols
- Digital media production
- Advanced programming (algorithms, data structures, and an object-oriented language)
BACKGROUND AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Experience working in an independent school, higher education, or related field.
- Established background in both information technology and teaching a plus.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment and work closely with other members of the faculty team.
- As a team member, eager and willing to be “hands-on” and support colleagues with their various projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and managing complex, long-term projects.
- Positive attitude, flexible approach, and a sense of humor.
COMMON QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field a plus (information technology, computer science, systems management, education or related discipline);
- Professional technical certifications from Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, etc., preferred
- Knowledge of administrative and academic database systems a plus
- Proven capacity to build relationships and inspire learning with high school-aged learners
- Strong organizational, technical, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational and presentation skills.
- Problem-solver with a high degree of diplomacy
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
TO APPLY, qualified candidates should click the button below to complete the online application, and submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating specific interest in the teaching position
- Current resume
- A list of 3-5 references, including at least 2 who have directly supervised the candidate’s work (no contact will be made without candidate approval).
THE AUSTIN WALDORF SCHOOL
Nestled on approximately 30 acres in the beautiful hill country of central Texas, celebrating educational excellence since 1980, the Austin Waldorf School provides a unique education to nearly 400 students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. The school is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS).
Your application has been successfully submitted.