Grade Five Teacher
Fifth Grade Teacher
swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm (Outside of Portland, Oregon)
swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm is seeking a fifth grade teacher for the 2022/2023 school year. This is a full time position beginning July 1, 2022.
SWSF is situated on a six acre campus in Cornelius, Oregon (about 25 miles west of Portland). The school serves students from pre-K though eighth grade. Classrooms are large with ample storage and light. There is a library, music room, science room and movement room. The campus features a large field, playground, covered basketball court and early childhood play yard.
The school also owns a designated 26 acre wilderness property in Hillsboro. Most classes visit weekly throughout the year to work on the land, learn nature crafts and participate in farming activities.
Our current fourth grade is a small, well formed class of 14 students. They are losing their beloved teacher who has been with them since first grade. Subject classes offered for this group include: Handwork, Spanish, Outdoor Education, Music and Math.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and deliver a Waldorf based curriculum
• Track student progress
• Monitor classroom budget
• Hold at least four parent meetings and two parent/teacher conferences throughout the year
• Participate in festivals and committee work
• Share a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
• Waldorf Teacher Training or equivalent experience
• Bachelors degree or higher (or working towards)
• Criminal background check
• First aid and CPR (current by September 2022)
• Salary based on training, education and experience
• Dental and vision insurance
• Tuition remission
• Stipend to complete Waldorf training if needed
To apply, please send the following to Kristen Arrastia at email@example.com
• Letter of interest
• Three references
Your application has been successfully submitted.