swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm (Outside of Portland, Oregon)
swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm is seeking a kindergarten teacher for the 2022/2023 school year. This is a full time position beginning July 1, 2022. We are looking for a candidate with at least two years teaching experience, with preference given for work in a Waldorf school.
SWSF is situated on a six acre campus in Cornelius, Oregon (about 25 miles west of Portland). The school serves students from pre-K through eighth grade. Classrooms are large with ample storage and light. The campus features a large field, playground, covered basketball court and early childhood play yard.
The school also owns a designated 26 acre wilderness property in Hillsboro. Most classes visit weekly throughout the year to work on the land, learn nature crafts and participate in farming activities. Early childhood classes use the property weekly, during the fall and spring. SWSF is an associate member of AWSNA and a full member of WECAN
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and deliver a Waldorf based curriculum
• Work collaboratively with early childhood colleagues
• Hold parent meetings and parent/teacher conferences throughout the year • Participate in festivals and committee work
• Share a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
• Waldorf Early Childhood Training or equivalent experience
• Criminal background check
• First aid and CPR (current by September 2022)
• Salary based on training, education and experience
• Dental and vision insurance
• Tuition remission
• Stipend to complete Waldorf training if needed
To apply, please send the following to Jessica Foster at: email@example.com
• Letter of interest
• Three references
Your application has been successfully submitted.