Coastal Waters Chartered Public School was founded with one purpose - to build a space for all students to grow, learn, and create in community. Through a unique teaching approach and a truly passionate staff, we are here to guide students as they develop academically and personally to achieve their best selves. Our collaborative model ensures that families will be supported and valued, and are no less a part of the journey than the daily school experience. At Coastal Waters, we will ensure a safe space which celebrates each and every member of the community - within our walls and beyond.
Our school is guided by the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner.
The Development Coordinator is a full-time administrative position responsible for managing the school's development efforts in conjunction with the Administrative Director, Pedagogical Director, Administrative team, and the Board. The Development Coordinator will focus on both the short- and long-term financial health of the school by cultivating positive relationships with community members, alumni, families, and foundations. The Development Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to carry out a strategic and comprehensive fundraising program, including: maintaining relationships, identifying and developing new donors, timely submission of grant proposals and reports, and the general oversight of the annual giving, special events, and alumni programs.
Duties & Specific Responsibilities:
- Strategic Leadership and Committee Participation
- Work with the Board and Directors to set direction for development goals and strategies in conjunction with the fundraising/outreach committee, including a multi-year plan to increase overall giving statistics (both participation and money raised)
- Develop and maintain relationships between the school and core communities - foundations, families, and extended community
- Plan and implement strategic initiatives, such as capital or major gift campaigns
- Identify strategies in individual giving and donor relations and cultivate new major donors to align with strategic planning and goals
- Develop and implement an annual solicitation strategy, in collaboration with the fundraising committee, for current families and extended community
- Develop and manage fundraising projections, budget, and analyses
- Develop and maintain a program focused on alumni (which could include alumni events, newsletters, reunions, database)
- Identify new sources of foundation support
- Establish and maintain benchmark indicators for reviewing success of development activities and ensure best practices in data management
- Present monthly reports on development data to the Directors and Board
- Oversee gift application, reporting, and acknowledgements
- Oversee grant applications and reports as appropriate
- Oversee work on ad hoc projects that relate to development, institutional advancement, and strategic planning and marketing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2+ years of progressive fundraising leadership experience, ideally in an educational setting, including annual fundraising, major gifts, capital campaigns, planned giving, and strategic planning
- Maturity and confidence necessary to deal effectively with faculty, parents, administrators, and board members
- Alignment with Waldorf education and collaborative leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to oversee, organize, and inspire volunteers
If you are interested in this position, please go to the following link and complete the application. https://forms.gle/hzRui8pwrjYLZL239
Visit our website, www.cwschool.org, for more information about our school.
Your application has been successfully submitted.