Coastal Waters Chartered Public School was founded with one purpose - to build a space for all students to grow, learn, and create in community. Through a unique teaching approach and a truly passionate staff, we are here to guide students as they develop academically and personally to achieve their best selves. Our collaborative model ensures that families will be supported and valued, and are no less a part of the journey than the daily school experience. At Coastal Waters, we will ensure a safe space which celebrates each and every member of the community - within our walls and beyond.
Our school is guided by the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner.
The Business Coordinator is responsible for the operational, organizational, and financial management of Coastal Waters Chartered Public School. This role collaborates with other administrative staff in day-to-day operations. The Business Coordinator reports to the Administrative Director and collaborates with the Board Treasurer and Pedagogical Director. This role participates in collaborative decision-making, and is responsible for the implementation of decisions in the business realm of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Office and Financial Management
● Responsible for the financial records of the school
● Collaborate with the Pedagogical Director, Administrative Director, and Board Treasurer to prepare, present, and manage yearly budget
● Process payroll for salaried, hourly, and contracted employees
● Prepare and complete employee contracts, including compensation and benefits
● Work with the Board Treasurer to prepare financial reports for the Board
● Maintain financial and personnel files
● Implement and improve efficiency of office procedures and electronic systems
Buildings and Grounds Management
● Oversee plans for maintenance & janitorial work during school breaks
● Oversee facility use and summer rentals
Ensure legal compliance, accreditation, insurance, and safety regulations according to legislation
● Communicate with government, legislative, and outside authorities, as necessary
● Develop and manage financial policy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, an Associates or Bachelor’s degree is a plus
● Two plus years of experience in an office setting required, experience in a nonprofit and/or Waldorf or public school is a plus.
● Financial aptitude and accuracy, including reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
● Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
● Google/Microsoft Suites and QuickBooks experience required
If you are interested in this position, please go to the following link and complete the application. https://forms.gle/hzRui8pwrjYLZL239
Visit our website, www.cwschool.org, for more information about our school.
Your application has been successfully submitted.