Class Teacher - Primary School
Like many Waldorf schools, Class Teachers play a very important role in age-appropriate education, and continue with the class through several years of the primary school journey, often from class 1 through to class 6 or further. This supports the continuity of curriculum in nurturing and inspiring children to become inquisitive, creative, compassionate, independent and responsible individuals. With this approach, the teacher gets to know children’s strengths and needs deeply, and thus supports a positive social dynamic in the classroom.
The suitable candidate must be proficient and fluent in English and show:
- A willingness to grow with a young school following the Rudolf Steiner methodology.
- A deep interest in children and their development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with teachers and parents.
- The candidate must be a team-player who is also a self-starter.
- Enjoy a collaborative working environment.
- Be committed to professional and inner development.
- Show respect for local customs and culture.
- An undergraduate degree and a certificate in Waldorf primary school teaching.
- Having completed a Primary School Waldorf cycle will be advantageous.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Forest House – Evolution
Forest House Waldorf School is a non-profit organisation which strives to offer inclusive education to all who seek it, regardless of religion, political background or culture. The school is the first Waldorf school in Hong Kong duly registered with the Education Bureau and is recognised by the International Forum for Waldorf/Steiner Education in Switzerland, as well as being an associate member of Steiner Education Australia.
The school is growing steadily, and there are now over 60 students for the academic year of 2021/22 receiving primary school education in our small campuses in the beautiful countryside - Sai Kung, Hong Kong - a community full of vital knowledge and wisdom of the land.
We have completed our first 7 year-cycle, and according to the strategic plan of the second 7 years, from 2021 to 2028, the school aims to expand its classes from primary school to the middle school to reach the capacity of 160+ students.
General Remark for Candidates
1. Closing date for applications : open until filled.
2. Please send your letter of application together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Short-listed candidates will be invited to join the interviews carried out online or in person. The final candidate may be invited to visit the school for a final interview and/or pilot class. If necessary, we will reimburse the travel and hotel costs.
4. For more information about our school, please visit the website www.foresthouse.edu.hk.
Your application has been successfully submitted.