Waldorf School at Moraine Farm is searching for a dynamic leader with a long-view vision for greatness. Our School Director will be a hands-on visionary, passionate about changing the world, and committed to building a purposeful, energetic, and thriving school and community.
The successful candidate for the School Director will likely have the following characteristics, qualities, and experiences to lead Waldorf School at Moraine Farm into this next decade. A full job description follows.
▪ Master’s degree strongly preferred
▪ Waldorf experience and alignment of personal values
with mission and values of the school preferred
▪ Successful record of leadership (academic, departmental, and/or organizational)
▪ Demonstrated skills in managing people and teams
▪ Evidence of financial acumen and fundraising/ development success
▪ Comfort with organization and financial restructuring processes
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Experience and Characteristics:
▪ Ability to lead a strategic renewal process and co-create and implement a compelling strategic vision
▪ Nonprofit management experience
▪ Outstanding team-building skills
▪ Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a shared governance model with the Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff
▪ Approachability; strong interpersonal skills; and outstanding people skills, including the ability to listen to, understand, synthesize, and incorporate differing points of view
▪ Understanding of and commitment to doing the critical work around diversity, equity, and inclusion
▪ Willingness and skill to shape fundraising efforts and inspire alumni families
▪ Commitment to providing consistent and compassionate customer service to students, parents, and referral resources
▪ Capacity to build community and drive engagement through building positive relationships with people and partners from diverse cultures and backgrounds
▪ Appreciation for the natural environment and the beauty and use of the school’s physical setting
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm encourages all applicants to apply even if they do not possess some of the above experience and characteristics. If you wish to submit your application materials or nominate a candidate, please use the following guidance:
Please create a single PDF with the following information:
a. Cover letter
b. Curriculum Vitae and References
c. Educational Philosophy Statement
d. Leadership Philosophy Statement
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Kenann McKenzie, Board Chair, or Deann Reyes-Wangh, Search Committee
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2022
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search. All applications and nominations will be treated in confidence.
Your application has been successfully submitted.