In Search of Colleague
The Rose Rock School in Norman is in its second year of building a grade school program, which is in turn built upon a 15-year old LifeWays Early Childhood program. The robustness of our school is supported by the flexibility provided by a kindergarten that maintained a waiting list for many years running, and the fact that we own our building in the heart of Norman, OK. Norman is a college town, provides a simple life, and easy access to a variety of cultural activities. We have many unique qualities that are allowing us to create a new school that works out of the heart of the core principles of Waldorf pedagogy in order to create something unique and fitting for our community.
Aside from the above, there are several other qualities that might pique your interest:
• Our grade school is being developed by a team of experienced and fully-trained Waldorf teachers.
• The impulse for our school was initiated by Cynthia Aldinger, founder of LifeWays. The current LifeWays Board President also serves as our administrator, and our school is considered a flagship school for LifeWays Early Childhood programs. We are currently discovering how LifeWays principles can be organically woven into the grade school curriculum.
• We place an emphasis on curative education and teacher collaboration in support of the children. We de-emphasize rigid hand-me-down practices that do not readily serve the children.
• Without clinging to the labels of Waldorf and Anthroposophy, we work in a living way with those impulses during our morning collegial meetings. Through consensus, we build the school community and meet the needs of the children.
• Due to our location, we enjoy a remarkable freedom in designing our school with virtually no imposition from governments of any kind.
We are currently in search of Renaissance teachers who have a broad range of skills, and an interest in nurturing something new. Current needs include foreign language teacher, Eurythmy teacher, administrative support, lead teachers, strings teacher, grade school apprentices and more. Due to our overall health and flexibility, we are able to tailor a job for the individual needs of applicants.
Rose Rock School: https://roserock-school.org/
Interested applicants should send their biography, letter of interest, and resumé to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.