Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR and OFFICE ASSISTANT
The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant will provide efficient and organized human resources and
administrative support including:
• Coordinating human resources processes and records management
• Providing administrative support for various office functions.
• Managing staff and student attendance
• Providing first aid
As a member of the Administration team, the Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant will work to ensure the safety and security of students; coordinate with colleagues to provide consistent office staffing; and promote a friendly, welcoming atmosphere in the administration offices. The position is salaried and includes partial tuition remission. Time required on campus during school year is 7:45 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday, plus meetings.
Human resources and administrative support expertise gained through a minimum of two years of equivalent-level work experience is desired.
The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant should be in harmony with, and exhibit knowledge of, Waldorf school philosophy and its educational principles, techniques, and methods. Priority will be given to candidates with a strong interest or background in expanding and supporting initiatives related to diversity and equity.
The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant should be friendly, warm, and courteous with strong listening skills and be personable and professional on the phone and when greeting people in the office. The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant should have the ability to establish rapport, handle personal and confidential information with discretion, and answer questions about the school sensitively and competently.
This position requires the ability to prioritize and multitask, take initiative, and work independently as well as part of a team. It
requires strong computer and organizational skills and the ability to handle short periods of high-volume work often in a
• Human Resources experience preferred
• Computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) in a Windows
environment, Google Workspace, and databases (direct experience with FACTS, Snowman, Constant Contact,
QuickBooks, and website management a strong plus)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
• Ability to create, compose, and edit school forms and other written materials
Human Resources Responsibilities
• Support business office to facilitate onboarding of new hires including:
o Creating contracts and offer letters
o Serving as the administrative point of contact for new employees
o Processing new hires in accordance with state hiring law
Creating and populate staff files
o Updating staff roster, mailboxes, distribution lists
• Support business office to facilitate terminations and voluntary staff departures including:
o Collecting any necessary paperwork, keys, computers, or other School property
o Ensuring email addresses and access to shared networks are disabled
o Facilitating Exit Interviews
• Record and compile accurate staff attendance records
• Collect and enter timesheets and reimbursement to support the payroll function
• Process benefits additions, modifications, and terminations
• Serve as the School’s Title IX Coordinator (training will be provided)
• Maintain up-to-date and consistent job descriptions
• Ensure HR policies in Staff Handbook are up-to-date
• Coordinate any required staff training at the end of school and back to school meetings
• Serve as the main administrative point-of-contact on the Teacher Search Committees and serve on other committees
as assigned by the Staff Development Committee
Office Support Responsibilities
• Open Administration Cottage in the morning; welcome visitors and vendors throughout the day
• Answer phones, take messages, and route calls
• Mange the flow of late students and items dropped off for students (i.e., lunches, instruments, etc…)
• Collect and distribute USPS mail and school mail
o Open bills, route incoming mail to the appropriate party
• Serve as the main point of contact for any students and tutors participating in virtual tutoring in the office
• Provide basic first aid and nursing (training will be provided)
• Maintain accurate daily student attendance records and contact parents regarding any student with an unexplained
• Process student record and transcript requests
• Maintain student files
• Maintain up-to-date class rosters and school directories
• Perform data entry and generate reports in DaySchool, the School’s student information system
• Prepare and post mailings
• Process incidental billing in FACTS, the School’s tuition management system
• Make minor changes to website as needed
• Serving as the primary administrative person to accept and log funds
• Manage all orders for classroom and office supplies
• Manage important bookings for smooth operation of school events, such as the concerts; provide graduation and
other event support
• Provide event support to the Development office during fundraising events
• Organize the production of an annual Yearbook
The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant will comply and keep up to date with school policies, reports to the
Business Manager and is accountable to the Board. The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant will participate in
regular administrative staff meetings and attend regular faculty meetings as well as Grades or EC meetings when necessary.
The Human Resources Coordinator and Office Assistant is a year-round, full-time position and will be reviewed quarterly as
outlined in the Staff Development guidelines.
Housatonic Valley Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on religion, national origin, color, race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or physical disability in our programs and activities or in our hiring, admissions, financial aid, or scholarship practices and policies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.