Sun Star Farm Folk School –- Lead Teacher for K-2 Combi
Sun Star Farm Folk School –- Lead Teacher for K-2 Combined Hybrid Homeschool Program
Sun Star Farm Folk School is looking for a creative, energetic teacher/academic mentor and pioneer in our alternative to traditional education.
Sun Star Farm Preschool has served families on a gorgeous 12-acre farm in North Carolina’s Triangle area for over a decade and started “Folk School” in 2020 as a K-2nd grade combined class in the form of a Waldorf-inspired hybrid homeschool program.
We are dedicated to the principles of Waldorf Education but consider ourselves more of a hybrid program pulling from multiple educational disciplines to serve the needs of our community.
The ideal candidate would ..
• Have a Bachelor degree or higher in Elementary Education and have completed or be in the process of completing or desire to complete their Waldorf teacher training and ideally have Waldorf classroom experience.
• Love the idea of a “one room school house”
• Embrace outdoor projects based and experiential learning
• Have strong sense of self-direction and initiative
• Be able to teach and run program with a high degree of autonomy
• Capable of working well with an assistant
• Have a pioneering spirit, and take joy in establishing and developing a fairly new program
• Be a strong leader, yet be willing to collaborate joyfully with colleagues and parents
• Have a tender, kind and joyful spirit
• Thrive in a rustic, outdoors, farm environment
• Foster a nurturing and loving school culture
• Be a lover of children, nature, animals and all things outdoors
• Class “face time” hours: Mon-Fri 9am-1pm, plus 1 hour prep time daily
• School Year is Sept 1, 2022 to May 26, 2023 (155 work days)
• There is the opportunity, if you wish to do so, to work in aftercare during the school year and/or in our Summer Day Camp.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
• Very competitive school year salary
• Free tuition if you have a child in our program (Preschool – 2nd grade)
• Vacation: 6 weeks of paid vacation during Fall Break (1), Thanksgiving Break (1), Winter Break (2), Spring Break (2), plus 2 paid holidays: MLK and Presidents Day.
• Lifestyle opportunity for someone seeking a half day position
Sun Star Farm is centrally located between Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary/Apex, and only 2 minutes down the road from Jordan Lake State Park, the 3rd largest lake in North Carolina. Between the area’s universities and companies based in Research Triangle Park, there are people from all over the world who choose to live here, yet can easily drive 2-3 hours to the coast or mountains. We have had international families in our program from India, Japan, China, Ukraine, Russia, Germany, and Switzerland.
Please send an email of introduction, including a brief biography, your resume, and references to: Heidi@sunstarfarmpreschool.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.