The Washington Waldorf School is seeking an experienced Librarian, beginning July 2022. This is a part-time, 50% salaried 12-month position qualifying for prorated benefits.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Manage and participate in library operations, including program, policies, collection development, cataloging, assistant/volunteer training/coordination, and maintaining budget and physical space.
• Teach library skills and literacy classes for grades 2-5.
• Provide general instruction and support in the use of library materials for students, faculty, parents.
• Collaborate with faculty to build a collection which supports the school curriculum and community.
Additional Qualifications include:
• Enthusiasm for teaching K-12 student’s library skills and for encouraging a love of books and lifelong reading.
• Understanding of the developmental stages of childhood as they relate to Waldorf pedagogy and reading levels.
• Knowledge of children’s and young adult literature required.
• Knowledge of and experience in building a comprehensive collection to support the school’s DEI objectives.
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the school and Waldorf pedagogy and for working collaboratively with fellow faculty.
• Flexible, organized, creative, independent, with excellent communication skills, initiative, and attention to detail.
• The ability to lift and carry up to a 15 pound box of books and push a book cart; bending to engage with students and to shelve books.
• Bachelor’s degree and experience in library operations.
• Master’s in Library Science (MLS) preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to instruct students and work with technology.
• Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification.
• Experience in transitioning catalog/circulation systems desired.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. –attn: Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.